• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Venture lite choices

internalcombust

Veteran
I need a little input on the venture lites. I am looking for a fun two up for the family and I have my eye on two. One is an 07 with 1k miles and lots of goodies, picks, hitch, cover, powder skis, and new spare belt for $5k. The other is an 09 with 1200 miles and no goodies for $5999 at a dealer. I was not sure what changes were made between the 07 and the 09. Never ridden one, but they look fun for a two up. Now that my phazer is back together with the rear skid rebuilt, hopefully for good this time, I need something else to obsess over.

As I haven't rode a shortie Phazer I cannot compare, but the Venture Lite is a blast to ride on the trails, and the rear rack is probably the largest in the biz with the rear seat removed.

No real changes in the 07 to the 09 but make sure the 07 has all the updates and recalls done. Check with the dealer that has serviced it.

Buy one and make sure the updates were done. Fun to work on, get a K&N Oil Filter with the Nut and cut a hour off your Oil Change. These things are great to work on once you get over finding the various parts. Grease your Jack Shaft and Drive Bearings as well as Rear Suspension and Idlers, really easy. Change Chain Case often to avoid the Chocolate Milk from Condensation. Get your Belt Shimmed if not already done. Change and shim the Ski's. Rider forward position gives me 200km a day with no pain though had to learn to ride all over again. Fill it with Gas and Enjoy and spend all free not riding time on TY,because there is a answer here for every question. :jump:

CLARS2006 said:
Buy one and make sure the updates were done. Fun to work on, get a K&N Oil Filter with the Nut and cut a hour off your Oil Change. These things are great to work on once you get over finding the various parts. Grease your Jack Shaft and Drive Bearings as well as Rear Suspension and Idlers, really easy. Change Chain Case often to avoid the Chocolate Milk from Condensation. Get your Belt Shimmed if not already done. Change and shim the Ski's. Rider forward position gives me 200km a day with no pain though had to learn to ride all over again. Fill it with Gas and Enjoy and spend all free not riding time on TY,because there is a answer here for every question. :jump:
Good advice. BTW, what is that silver colour plate (or something) on the back of yours on the black area right above the hitch? Is it a sticker or something you have added. I'm off topic.
As for the VL - it took some gettin' used to but it is fun on the trail. Odd looking but you'll stand out in a crowd. A nice bit of info on here if do a search. all the best and let us know how you make out. I have 10,000Km on mine now and plan to keep it for awhile. One thing, you will benefit from adding better skis and carbides. sorry about the ramble!

internalcombust said:
Thanks guys! I ride an 07 phazer right now, so I am familiar with the riding style. I am still getting the wife on board with a the idea of a second sled.
One good thing I have found is that the VL and Phz share a lot of the same parts so a lot of the aftermarket stuff that is made for the Phz also fits the VL. Otherwise, I don't think there would be so much stuff available for the VL because there is not so much interest in modifications from two-up riders.

BombaPolaYama said:
BTW, what is that silver colour plate (or something) on the back of yours on the black area right above the hitch? Is it a sticker or something you have added. I'm off topic.

I think it may be his licence plate ... same place mine is located.

Stuck the licence plate back there,wish I didn't should have put it somewhere other than there to make room for exhaust. East coast T-Rail in awesome shape today 4 central groomers overlapping their runs for great coverage. Hope we don't get all the rain they forecast ed.

Yup. Not too bad a job. Just remember to reconnect the vacuum sensors.

Back