• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Venture RS 2007 Won't start.

EmilFagerli

Country
Norway
Snowmobile
Yamaha Venture RS 2007
Hey. I have recently aquiered an old Yamaha Venture RS, but I have problems with getting it to start. It ran yesterday, for the first time in a long time. Had to charge the battery, but after that it was fine. Then when I tried to start it today, it went on, I let it run for some time and then it died. Had to change the sparkplugs, which I did, and once again it started. Let it run a little more and then it died again. Battery, fuel hose and sparks has been checked, as well as oil, gas and coolant fluid.

Any idea what it could be? Im completely new to Snowmobiles and engines, so would really appreciate some help.

Hey. I have recently aquiered an old Yamaha Venture RS, but I have problems with getting it to start. It ran yesterday, for the first time in a long time. Had to charge the battery, but after that it was fine. Then when I tried to start it today, it went on, I let it run for some time and then it died. Had to change the sparkplugs, which I did, and once again it started. Let it run a little more and then it died again. Battery, fuel hose and sparks has been checked, as well as oil, gas and coolant fluid.

Any idea what it could be? Im completely new to Snowmobiles and engines, so would really appreciate some help.

Did you clean the carbs and pull the pilots?

I had one of these.
My engine failed.
Cracked exhaust valve took out the head and guide.
It was real hard to start, and then wouldn't stay running.
Do " A LEAK DOWN TEST", at least that's what my crappy dealer called it. It monitors engine compression, to see if it holds compression.

A regular compression test will tell you if you have low compression. A leak down test will tell you where it is leaking (intake valve, exhaust valve, rings or head/gasket). You do a compression test first, then the leak down.

What Mr. Sled said. More than likely your issue.

After a LOT of reading on this forum, could this be a result of a bad cam chain tensioner?

possible if it was not updated.

Back