• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

heffer

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
yamaha rs vector
what are riders thinking of the Venture? Any pros/cons of these sleds, years and stuff about the delta box frame upgrades over the years....... issues or years to avoid possibly?. I am thinking of getting a 2010 venture Gt, i have been looking around a bit as i need something to get the wife out with me. I see snowtrackers are common in trying to control any darting if so. I have not ridden any of what i would call the newer sleds; has anyone had comparison to the skidoo gtx touring etc?

I have the 2015 Venture GT and love it. They came with EPS starting in 2012. My wife drives it most of the time and really likes it. Just stock skis with rear suspension set to softest and handles good.

I got a 2016 RS venture TF...awesome machine...it does have track drone between 32-37mph..got some noise cancelling earbuds to control that..just a heads up on the track drone...in other words don't pay an outrageous amount and be disappointed with the drone.

I have a 2012 Yamaha Venture GT.
To drive this sled, without falling over in the corners, you'll have to adjust the rear suspension. Not sure about yours, but mine has an adjustable spring, on the front shock, of the rear suspension. Back that spring off, lots, or the sled will pivot on the front of the track!
It has 25,000 km on it.
Just changed the belt, for the 2nd time! First one at 12,000 km, 2nd, at the end of this last winter.
Just changed the track, at 24,000 km.
Change the oil, every spring.
Changed the slides, once! Run the track twice as loose as Yamaha specs!
Sno-trackers, only! The rest are junk!
EPS works great, if it isn't parked outside, in very cold weather, overnight! It will start working, after an hour of driving.
Normal bearing changes, on the bogies.
All original bearings at front of track and Jack-shaft. Repack these bearings, often!
Changed exhaust donuts once with originals, then again with copper ones.
3 into 1 pipe broke in half, around 18,000 km. Rewelded EVERY weld, as most were cracked!
With the copper donuts in place, I can't stall the sled by plugging the exhaust. It sounds fine, so I don't know why it won't stall?
Changed the battery once. Yamaha engineers are the dumbest engineers in the world! An hour to get to the battery! Give me a break!
Small gas tank, why?
ALL painted parts, at welds, needs a new coat of paint. Yamaha obviously know how to prepare welds for paint!
NO HEAT at your feet. Prepare to get cold feet on real cold days. Never had cold feet before this sled.

I have over 35 years and 175,000 km experience.
What a blast! Looking for more!

Next sled will be the Yamacat touring, with the Yamaha engine.

Mainly because my dealer, MotorSports World, Ottawa, SUCKS!!!

Cheers!

when did yamaha venture change the seat setup to the more rider forward position?

Back