• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Vertical Coolant line - Inside diameter - 2010 rs Vector - Gauge install

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2010 Vector ltx GT
2010 MXZ X 1200
I have reviewed all the tutorials and suggestions regarding the installation of a water temp gauge. I plan to install on the vertical coolant line. I cannot seem to find a consensus on the inner diameter. I see people have used everything from 22 to 26mm. Once person was saying 26 was difficult to get in and suggested a 25.

Royal Distributing has a 22 and then it jumps to 26mm

Has anyone installed on the 1049 engine and if so what size will work best?

I have reviewed all the tutorials and suggestions regarding the installation of a water temp gauge. I plan to install on the vertical coolant line. I cannot seem to find a consensus on the inner diameter. I see people have used everything from 22 to 26mm. Once person was saying 26 was difficult to get in and suggested a 25.

Royal Distributing has a 22 and then it jumps to 26mm

Has anyone installed on the 1049 engine and if so what size will work best?

I have but its after I installed a Turbo or Super Charger and tapped into the port on the back of the motor fitting that was provided. I would think it the fitting will go into the hose and you put some good SS worm clamps it will go.

I installed temp gauge on my nytro and put the T in the coolant line above the engine. I used 26mm adapter, worked fine.
Hope this helps.

I cut the vertical line today and the koso 26mm diameter adapter works mint. Nice snug fit and very easy to insert

Picked up at Royal distributing

26mm blue koso

Major brain fart, I installed a temp gauge on my vector over the summer, totally forgot about it until I just read your last post. Should have known it was 26mm same as my nytro. Duh!

I cut the vertical line today and the koso 26mm diameter adapter works mint. Nice snug fit and very easy to insert

Picked up at Royal distributing

26mm blue koso

I've seen them in the vertical line, but I was never 100% certain that was the best spot. The vertical line is the circulation loop when the thermostat is closed. Once the thermostat opens I believe flow through the vertical line is minimal as the coolant flow is directed to the radiator and then into running board loop.

I considered that as well. That said, The factory sender is located in the same loop south of the thermostat. The coolant from the rad and heat exchanger would enter the engine via the same vertical line would it not?

Back