• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Video Editor

steiner

Staff member
What are you using as a free video editor for Windows 10? I had been using Movie Maker in Windows 7 which worked flawless. But now 10 has screwed everything up. I can drag and drop into preview but as soon as the files go to Timeline the preview screen goes black with full audio. Have spent the last week of evenings looking for a fix for this but nothing has worked.:o|:o|:o|:o|

Well after many long nights I found the issue. In the Compatibility tab if I uncheck the "windows\systemWoW\quartz.dll" the image will appear in the timeline preview.
The problem is that it will not play the files without it.:o| I not tech savy enough to change out or update a dll file.
So I reluctantly downloaded a different free editor to make the TY video. Video Pad Video Editor
Not really happy how the editor works. WWM is much easier and produces a better result.

I am using Window Movie Maker Version 2012 on Windows 10 and have zero issues and I am not running it in compatibility mode. Build 3 Vids with it and had less issues that when I did them on Windows 7.

I have WMM 2012 from Essentials Live. Worked awesome on Win 7. Not so on 10 for me. If I knew I could trust a downloaded dll file I would swap it around and try it again but I'm old and don't have a lot of faith in the free download fix it sites.

I have uninstalled and downloaded a few times. There must be something clinging on deep In a root directory that I have not found yet. Having a tougher time navigating in 10 over 7 and XP.
I blame the grey in my beard.

I have uninstalled and downloaded a few times. There must be something clinging on deep In a root directory that I have not found yet. Having a tougher time navigating in 10 over 7 and XP.

Did u try installing it and then run in compatibility mode widows 7

Is this a new computer with 10 or was it an old computer with 7 upgraded to 10? You may be able to revert back to 7 if 10 is causing you issues.

Older comp with 7 in it. I held off on the 10 upgrade but when I came home after working up north some how 10 snuck in.
Learned from XP that I will need to roll with the changes. I do have the disk to go back to 7 but I'm worried what I may lose.
All my work programs as well as accounting are done with this comp. Would be very very bad to lose any of that info.

Older comp with 7 in it. I held off on the 10 upgrade but when I came home after working up north some how 10 snuck in.
Learned from XP that I will need to roll with the changes. I do have the disk to go back to 7 but I'm worried what I may lose.
All my work programs as well as accounting are done with this comp. Would be very very bad to lose any of that info.

There is a way to roll it back. I had that happen on mine and rolled it back but it may have been to long, you may have to just work thru it. My windows 10 laptop is new and it works 10 times better then an updated 7 to 10 version.. it had lots of bugs that way.

Was hoping to do the 10 upgrade on my cheap garage laptop first and try it and then my PC but the free update would not load on the laptop.
Its been awhile and the rollback to 7 will be tough or so I have read. I will do my best to plug thru this. Its like when I went from XP to 7. What a PITA that was.
Now I got used to 7 and then 10 come along and screws it up again. Sometimes tech needs to slow down so us older peeps can stay in the loop.
I miss the days when cars had carbs, points, real bumpers and people didn't stop mid conversation to check the latest alert on their #$%&* phone. o_O

Back