• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Video Editor

Ok. Deleted every Movie Maker I could find from both hard drives. On hard drive was from XP. That one had a Movie Maker on it that was giving me grief.
Downloaded Movie Maker 6 ( thanks Mooseman) and it seems to work fine.
Still cant get or find Movie Maker 12 from the Live Essentials package anywhere in the Apps menu.
As long as MM6 works I'm happy. ;)!

Glad you got it figured out. When my Win7 laptop got surreptitiously upgraded to 10, I rolled it back right away and killed that upgrade system. I saw 10 on my mom`s new computer and didn't like the look and feel so I am resisting for as long as I can. I don't have the time or inclination to learn a new OS. Heck, I still like Win XP, which I am still running on my desktop that I use infrequently. It still works, no boogiemen have invaded it and the programs I need also work.

I know that eventually, resistance is futile and I'll have to upgrade when my laptop dies. I should load Win 95 in a VM just for kicks and giggles. :confused:

Was hoping to do the 10 upgrade on my cheap garage laptop first and try it and then my PC but the free update would not load on the laptop.
Its been awhile and the rollback to 7 will be tough or so I have read. I will do my best to plug thru this. Its like when I went from XP to 7. What a PITA that was.
Now I got used to 7 and then 10 come along and screws it up again. Sometimes tech needs to slow down so us older peeps can stay in the loop.
I miss the days when cars had carbs, points, real bumpers and people didn't stop mid conversation to check the latest alert on their #$%&* phone. o_O

Right on brother... this is the same as cell phones.. technology changes to fast and most of the time it has not be refined to actually work well. It the new world brother.. the older we get, the more we get left behind. I miss the simple life.

Glad you got it figured out. When my Win7 laptop got surreptitiously upgraded to 10, I rolled it back right away and killed that upgrade system. I saw 10 on my mom`s new computer and didn't like the look and feel so I am resisting for as long as I can. I don't have the time or inclination to learn a new OS. Heck, I still like Win XP, which I am still running on my desktop that I use infrequently. It still works, no boogiemen have invaded it and the programs I need also work.

I know that eventually, resistance is futile and I'll have to upgrade when my laptop dies. I should load Win 95 in a VM just for kicks and giggles. :confused:

Right on!! The only hang up I have is Microsoft Photo Draw still crashes in 10 when it opens its own files.. not always but more often then none.

Back