• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viking 850 or Grizzly 850?

I've seen the engine, I don't see how it will fit.

Thats what I kind of thought but maybe a new chassis?? but I highly doubt based on the previous years waiting for a big bore 800 for a grizzly that it will ever happen. But you never know. You would think what they did driving the SXS sport market that they would try to keep leading the market.

The top half of the engine would work if it was turned 1/4 turn, like the Polaris 850.
They'd have to re-tool a different bottom end/clutch/transmission.
I think it would sell like hotcakes if they did that.

The top half of the engine would work if it was turned 1/4 turn, like the Polaris 850.
They'd have to re-tool a different bottom end/clutch/transmission.
I think it would sell like hotcakes if they did that.

Oh I agree, even the idea of a sport version would be sick.

Oh I agree, even the idea of a sport version would be sick.
Yes, I feel like they've really missed out in this category. Where can you and I apply for a job at Yamaha product development fast tracking?
Jaret?

Yes, I feel like they've really missed out in this category. Where can you and I apply for a job at Yamaha product development fast tracking?
Jaret?

I wish but then again I dont.. as my hands would be tired and could not give us what we want :)

Let’s hope Yamaha has not given up on ATVs too. I’d be game for a new 850 Grizzly!! My 07 450 Wolverine SE is just about worn out with 1079kms on her lol.

Last edited:
A whole new chassis 850, Keep the Kodiak as the 700 with Kodiak clutching on Base/EPS and Grizzly clutching on Kodiak SE/XTR, and sell a bunch of new machines. I really hope they can keep the weight down unlike companies that LOVE to brag about how light there snowmobiles are Polaris and Can-am ATVs sure are overweight pigs. Even there Single cylinder models have a Dry weight that heavier than the Kodaik/Grizzly "ready to ride" weight. The power is great on the twins, but throwing all that weight around all day + big turning radius, really wears you down.

A whole new chassis 850, Keep the Kodiak as the 700 with Kodiak clutching on Base/EPS and Grizzly clutching on Kodiak SE/XTR, and sell a bunch of new machines. I really hope they can keep the weight down unlike companies that LOVE to brag about how light there snowmobiles are Polaris and Can-am ATVs sure are overweight pigs. Even there Single cylinder models have a Dry weight that heavier than the Kodaik/Grizzly "ready to ride" weight. The power is great on the twins, but throwing all that weight around all day + big turning radius, really wears you down.
I still can't see how that engine configuration would work in any ATV, even with a new chassis.

amen brother. care_bear has a 400 outlander max that weighs more than my brothers 700 grizzly done up for mud running witch weighs about the same as my old bigbear pro witch i thought was pretty heavy compared to an uncles old big bear 350 h/l witch was lighter yet.

There is a 850 Grizzly being tested, they are having major heating problems with this engine in the Griz chassis, that's what my mechanic at Yamaha had told me, so Yamaha is working on one and is in the testing mode, so there is hope if there is any truth to that, my 16 700 Griz has a few clutch mods and has all the power I need, and is a nice riding wheeler, 6000 kms.

Waited long enough and when to the other side and both a 2023 Polaris scrambler 1000s. Waiting on the recall for the fuel system to be done so it can be registered. Wish Yamaha would have brought something out.

Back