• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Vintage Yamaha Video 1998

Wow now that does bring back memories my 98 sx700 is still being ridden by a neighbor with over 10000 miles on it and my 99 vmax deluxe was given to a friend's son 4 years ago and at last report just over 22,500 miles on original everything but track changed at 19000 and I put skis on it at 16000 all motors still original no rebuilds.

Wow now that does bring back memories my 98 sx700 is still being ridden by a neighbor with over 10000 miles on it and my 99 vmax deluxe was given to a friend's son 4 years ago and at last report just over 22,500 miles on original everything but track changed at 19000 and I put skis on it at 16000 all motors still original no rebuilds.

Right, I loved the SRX and SX sleds. I think it would be cool to see a SRX plant put into a Apex Chassis.. I bet it would be light and fast. Pull all that exhaust out and the Heavy 4stroke Motor... hmm.. maybe my next TY Build?

Was that a Young Chris Reed hosting that video? It sure sounds like him?

Tom, We need to get him to attend a TY ride

Would love to have him attend!
I'm still working on getting Yellowknife and RX Rider to attend a ride some day, it's on my Bucketlist!

Tom, We need to get him to attend a TY ride

Would love to have him attend!
I'm still working on getting Yellowknife and RX Rider to attend a ride some day, it's on my Bucketlist!

I bet he would love it... I dont think there is anyone that has not enjoyed themselves at a TY ride :)

That makes me happy! And mad! And sad! I love that all blue triple triple in TONS of snow, but my knees were aching before the video was even over...lol. The fact that 1998 is now "vintage" makes me feel old. One of these days MrSled will post a "vintage" video on an Apex...and i'll cry

I also remember those days. I was as amped up with buying that 98 as I was buying my SW. Sold it still running fast with 17000 miles on it. Motor was untouched except for reeds at 14000 mi. A buddy told me I should check the top end to check rings, so I did and found rings still good and cross hatch marks still visible on cylinder walls. Oh and by the way, never had crank welded. Didn't want anybody touching my motor. Lots of rear suspension replacement parts lol,but that's the price you pay for riding hard and Fast. Thanks for the memories.

That makes me happy! And mad! And sad! I love that all blue triple triple in TONS of snow, but my knees were aching before the video was even over...lol. The fact that 1998 is now "vintage" makes me feel old. One of these days MrSled will post a "vintage" video on an Apex...and i'll cry

My first sled was a 69 so ALL the vintage sleds make me feel old --just feel great to still be ridding!

That should get a response from Buddha lol

Hey Mark, Buddah must be asleep at the wheel, I would have thought you would have gotten a response out of that also.

Back