• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper 137” skid install in FX Nytro

bmazbnytro

Extreme
I was wondering if anyone could help me out that has a LTX. I’m installing a 2018 LTX 137” skid in my Nytro. I’ve looked and can’t find any info on doing this, many have done the 141 or mountain set ups. I’m looking for the distance from front mounting hole to rear mounting hole. I can measure the skids but I just want to be safe as the Nytro has a little bit of preload on the rear to line up the holes and the Viper has the slide in front arm where the mounting shaft is bolted in and the front arm just slides over it. I want to make sure this doesn’t fall out or off while riding.
Thanks for any help!!

Tod,
What kind of help are you looking for?
Please post pics of your install—- I would like to do this also on my 2009 nytro xtx—- I was offering to help you if u needed an extra hand—- lm in Decatur Indiana— Tod

Just a little update. I started the project yesterday and ran into a hiccup. My Nytro had already been converted to a 137” via rail extensions. I went to start the 137” Viper install and sat the skids side by side and pulled some measurements, seems like it will fit with no issues. Upon installing, and putting the skid in I realize my track is not long enough. Not sure why? I assumed 137” meant 137” on the track. The rear viper wheels are 8.5” and the upper skid wheels are 6” I think, can’t remember exactly. The stock rear wheels are 7” and uppers are 5”. I believe this is where my track length is being compromised. My question is this. If I move the mounting holes 1” forward on the tunnel, what kind of effect would it have on the balance of the skid and sled? Would it still work properly? Would a 2015 Viper track bolt right in or would I need different drivers if I have to go this route.

Back