• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

viper belt storage

HOW? PICS

Just put the belt on top of the guard and twist it around until it fits there. It can't go anywhere after the side panel is on.

When I picked up my Viper, the dealer told me that I could not mount the belt on the belt guard because I would not be able to get the body panel back on. His suggestion, which I followed, was to mount the belt holder clip on the bottom pan underneath (a little forward of) the clutch. It is not perfect, but I riveted the clip to the bottom using the large head rivets, and the belt fits in pretty snug. If someone has successfully mounted the belt on the guard, I would love to see pictures showing the mount. I would prefer to have it there if I could.

Not to change the subject, but has anyone found a good place to store a spare quart of oil? I carried one in my Vector for 4 years and never needed it, but I keep thinking that I might need it someday! My buddy rolled his RX-1 a few years ago, and spilled quite a bit of the oil out. He did not have a spare quart, and lost enough oil that he did not dare run it. I had to make a 30 mile trip on my sled to get him a quart of oil!

I posted a picture of my mount below.

Last edited:
I put it in a windshield bag. On top of the belt guard works well also with tie wraps or velcro as allyammmies just mentioned.

There were pics last season but may be gone due to system upgrade.
Anyway instead of the normal way belts are mounted with clips they mounted it vertical without belt clip. Most just bend and push it up under the hood and the body panel keeps it there. Some used a zip tie for security and one person found a way to fasten clip on belt guard fastener.

I had it above the belt guard but my dealer shop guy said to put it in the tunnel bag so it wont get belt dust all over it. Than put the tool bag above your right foot well through the side cover

it will just get belt dust all over it if its down below. try and change the belt with that stuff all over it

When I was buying the old style clip the dealer told me not to put anything on the guard above the belt as it blocks the vent cooling the clutch.

Taking another look at it there is plenty of room to mount it in a normal loop squished down without blocking the vent at all - Nice Call!

I riveted down a couple pieces of double sided velcro to hold it.

viper-belt.JPG

When I was buying the old style clip the dealer told me not to put anything on the guard above the belt as it blocks the vent cooling the clutch.

Taking another look at it there is plenty of room to mount it in a normal loop squished down without blocking the vent at all - Nice Call!

I riveted down a couple pieces of double sided velcro to hold it.

View attachment 100357
Thats where I have my air pump fastened.

Back