• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

VIPER Carbides

alright stuuded riders, I have 144 gold diggers on there way and will be putting them down the center. What carbides are you running and how are they working for you? Debating on 6" slim jims, 6" shaper dollys on stock skis, Curve xs skis, or c&a razors.
Havent open trails up around here yet so hoping to get some advice form guys who have been avle to ride on the trails.

powerguy1 said:
Dealer recommended 6" woody's trailblazer carbides with 144 studs. Said that the arctic cats with this skid don't have darting issues.

Went out today on a rail bed trail and sled darted like crazy. Felt a pull whenever I crossed a ski track. The faster I went the less darting . Have stud boy dual 6" carbides on order.

Using 6" Stud Boy Duallys with 96 1.375 studs down the center. Very very little darting, usually none at all.

powerguy1 said:
TestMaster said:
Using 6" Stud Boy Duallys with 96 1.375 studs down the center. Very very little darting, usually none at all.

How do you have your suspension set?
I have base LTX so spring front end. Rear set to #2 setting but I have accessory adjuster that has 4 positions vs three on stock adjuster.

Hard to say front setting because it's spring not air. Would say front is factory setting which I will adjust with more stiffness. As suspension breaks in front is definitely too soft, bottoms on moderate-large bumps especially if square edged. If you would like I will measure spring length and report later. Need to measure before I adjust.

H
TestMaster said:
powerguy1 said:
TestMaster said:

I have base LTX so spring front end. Rear set to #2 setting but I have accessory adjuster that has 4 positions vs three on stock adjuster.

Hard to say front setting because it's spring not air. Would say front is factory setting which I will adjust with more stiffness. As suspension breaks in front is definitely too soft, bottoms on moderate-large bumps especially if square edged. If you would like I will measure spring length and report later. Need to measure before I adjust.
:jump:

I also have the spring front end LTX. I installed the next stiffer rear springs and have the adjuster on the #1 setting. Would have been #3 setting with stock springs with no more movement available. When I picked up sled could hardly move front and rear springs. With 65 miles on now they both feel softer.

Please advise as to measurements and testing on front springs. Overall, really enjoying my new Viper.

Curve Industries said:
Curve riders - go with a 6" Shaper or round bar on your Vipers.

- Sean
how about if you are not studed on a 137?

carbides

Running 2 inch on ouside and 4.5 sharper bars on my 129 with the tuner skis.handles great,very low sterring effort.

Hey garyw what rubber stopper (boot) are you using with the tuners ask May dealer said nothing yet and stock does not fit ???

ski rubbers

I got a pair of ski rubbers from 2013 nytro.Had to cut them down some with a stanley knife but they fit and work good.Took maybe 15 minutes to get them to fit .

powerguy1 said:
H
TestMaster said:
powerguy1 said:
TestMaster said:

:jump:

I also have the spring front end LTX. I installed the next stiffer rear springs and have the adjuster on the #1 setting. Would have been #3 setting with stock springs with no more movement available. When I picked up sled could hardly move front and rear springs. With 65 miles on now they both feel softer.

Please advise as to measurements and testing on front springs. Overall, really enjoying my new Viper.

Got sidetracked today rebuilding chain case, bearings, seals, gears, chain, speedo side bearing, etc, on friends 98 SRX with his son.

I'll get to it tomorrow morning first thing, will provide left and right starting measurements on front springs.

Back