• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

??? Viper LTX vs Doo Renegade 1200???

RacerDave

Expert
Can anyone give me a honest comparison of these 2 sleds? Lets assume {yeah I know}, both sleds are setup equally, studded or not. Both are good runners with stock oem clutching and gearing and both broken in. Are they equal on accelleration and on to top end, or is one better than the other in either or both tests? Next, if either has anything left on the table, are there gains to be had for the same above comparisons? I am asking for trail performance, not all out dragracing or speed runs. I am asking for honesty here, not brand loyalty. Thanks, RD

Well, after a few years under the Ski doo's belt I would have to say the Ski doo would have the edge. They have some of there major problems all ironed out. And the smaller ones are getting better. I think both engines pull pretty close to the same. Close on fuel mileage. IMO the 1049 is a better motor and has more grunt. For comfort I think the LTX rides really nice. The r motion does not do anything for me. I don't really see what all the hype is about. I have ridden one in some crazy trails and I don't think it's any different than the regular Viper LTX. The looks goes to the Viper hands down! IMO I don't feel comfortable on a ski doo at all. I don't like how I sit and I don't like the handle bars. I was comfortable as soon as I sat on the Viper. Once some of the wrinkles get ironed out on the Viper it will be hard to beat. ;)!

TurboJamie said:
RacerDave said:
TurboJamie said:
Our ltx se is forsale, it will be replaced with a renegade 1200.

Because?

One is simply the better all around machine.

Thanks for your honesty. Would you feel the same about a 1200 120 track vs a viper 129 track? 4stroke torque wise I feel a longer track is a advantage. Another subjective opinion, I have rode a Doo 2 smoke short track and felt a little cramped seating wise vs both my Polaris 2012 Switchback and a friends new 2014 Viper RTX

Performance and ride wise I think they are very good and you couldn't go wrong with either.

I'd buy A Viper over the Doo 'cuz the Viper looks better. ;)!

Back