• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper mess free oil drain

TD Max

Lifetime Member
Been working on this since before my first oil change and it's looking like it is going to work pretty well. This is just the first prototype, but I'm confident it will be a success. Just add a hose to the end and open the valve to drain the oil. You may be able to get away with leaving the toe kick installed and working the valve remotely with a hooked tool or up through the window below for those w/o a skid plate.

Is this worth building?

Updated 11-2-15

OK final round prototype is installed. Allen Ulmer has installed his and given his approval. He also has stock on these. Target sale price is $49.95.

Pic with toe kick removed:

img_4706-jpg.109133

With the toe kick installed:

img_4701-jpg.109134

Last edited:

I like this,but it looks pretty close to your toe. Is it?
Why not point it the other direction and use a hose out the belly pan hole for access to the filter

The toe kick is removed for access in my picture. It needs to be replaced and then you can't get anywhere close to the valve with your toe.

A hose out the filter access hole would be nice, but there is bulkhead material in the way that would cause a "trap" to form rather than a continual sloped drain. Also there are the 2 other nipples in the way preventing it from being clocked the other direction.

Last edited:
For the guys that are running MPI turbo you already have a unused oil line that's plugged off on the bottom of the oil tank that you could easily install a small ball valve onto for oil changes.

Loved this idea!!! Yes I think this is a great thing to bring to market. Whats the price going to be??

It would be great if there was an off the shelf solution, but the way that the tank is designed you cannot spin the valve in place directly as it hits the pressed in steel line. I plan to do a little more refinement and then get a sample to MrSled for a second trial.

Long time lurker, first time poster. You have an amazing site here! Thanks Admins for keeping it such an informative and professional site. I'm so happy with my most recent purchase and the community support that addresses all our question, concerns and issues.

Just bought a 2015 LTX SE in late FEB and did my first oil change with 600 miles on it. All I can say is what a mess! I look forward to this kit and will be keeping my eye out. One extra word of warning if not already covered, check the old oil gasket comes off with the filter. The factory had that filter cranked on so tight I had a bear of a time getting it off! If the normal mess wasn't enough, I had oil spray everywhere after about 3 minutes of idle when the gasket finally blew. I know, I was also amazed at what a bone head I was. Spent far more time cleaning everything up than I did doing the actual work. Wasted nearly a quart of oil all said and done. Would have been worse if I wasn't paying attention.

Back