• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper mtx

munskindaddy

Extreme
Alright guys, this overall is still just a viper, just is really long and has huge track. 4 of us bought these last year and did the clutch weights to make the things a bit more trail friendly. We jump on and off the trails so 50 50 going over mine and slider wear is minimal, track looks new. Just wondering from the viper committee, is there anything special we need to check to eliminate problems. Chain case, skid etc.. we have 2016 model and 2017 model. Going to have a service wrenching party soon with all and just wondered. Thanks for any feedback.

might want to open the chain case and check the tensioner roller for the screw backing out and the top gear for wear in the bushing for upper gear. the other probelm spot is the bearing behind the brake rotor spinning on the shaft. bop has a fix out for that if yours is still in spec.

others will chime in with more but this is a good starting point.

I have a 2016 Cat M8000 so same chassis as you. I'd focus most of your time on the chaincase. I would open it up and give it a good cleaning and check over everything good. Other then that I'd check the track tensions and maybe clean the clutches depending on how many miles you have on the sleds. Also when your checking your track tension also check the tri-hub wheels in the back to make sure they don't have any play. The bearings in them are known for going out and then your screwed if your out riding.

Back