• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper rear suspension in Nytro

Mills

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'14 Viper RTX, '06 Apex, '99 SX 600, '74 TL433F, '79 Trail Fire
Has anyone put a Viper rear suspension in a Nytro? If so how did it work?

I am just wondering why? I have ridden several Vipers many different sizes and versions. I can tell you my Xtx with Star suspension is much more controlled in the rough bumps by far. I feel the nytro is a better balanced sled over all. Now this is simply my opinion with 12,000 miles of riding on my nytro

My Nytro is WAY rougher through the bumps than the Viper I rode through the same bumps.

Have you adjusted your shocks? I have run the Star suspension kit for over 7,000 miles. My only real complaint of the nytro is the ice build up on the track/ tunnel ect

Adjusted everything. The Viper was simply better both in front-end and rear-end suspension performance.
I like my Nytro and have it handling really well for riding hard through the tight twisty trails but, the Viper was a step above in bump performance which I am looking for now.

Does the Star relocate kit stretch the track to 128" by moving the skid back? If so, how much is the kit? Does anyone have a 128" x 1.25" lug Camoplast track they want to get rid of? Anyone have a relocate kit they want to get rid of?

Back