• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper Rider forward positon compared to Nytro

ITs definitely more forward. The seat height is higher and the stock bars are much higher than the nitro stock.

jedwards89 said:
ITs definitely more forward. The seat height is higher and the stock bars are much higher than the nitro stock.

Thanks, I am guessing the Viper is a little less rider for ward than the Ski-doo Renegade? I have ridden them both, but not back to back, and can't remember the details.

For me the riding position and transition from sitting to standing on the viper was more comfortable than the skidoo 1200. I looked at both when I was ready to spring order last year.

The Viper is not as rider forward as the Nytro. When sitting it is like riding a conventional sled with the dash and hood out in front. The Nytro you are looking down over the nose of the sled. The rider position is easier on the knees and back and you can ride with less than a 90 knee angle. Also you are centered so it does not feel like 3/4's of the sled is behind you.

The sitting to standing transition is even easier than my Polaris Pro R 800.

To me sitting position goes to viper, standing goes to nytro, and transition from sitting to standing viper got a little edge on nytro, but I rode a nytro with wrp seat and that combo just hit the spot for me at 6'00" tall.

Put a mountain seat on the viper and you will be a happy camper ;)!

I am short 5'-7" and have trouble swing my legs over it when in the deep stuf so I am going to delete 1/2 of the seat that I do not use. so I can have more clearance. Already talked to upholstery shop. Leaving the seat pan and covering that with matiching vinyl so the latch and mounting remains the same.

Attachments

• Truncated Seat.jpg
    Truncated Seat.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 118
Do you seriously sit that far forward? I'm about the same height, and if I sat that far forward my knees would be in the side panels. I stand more than I sit, but there are times when you just need a break. I like an easy transition from sitting to standing. That's why I like the idea of putting a mountain seat on a trail Viper.

Not to hijack this thread, but I noticed the 2015 Cat Cross Country comes with a mountain seat, and if you read the options in their website print material, its says you can get it heated. Do you think that is a misprint or is a heated mountain seat an option on this sled? Thinking seriously about the Cross Country, as I really like the 1.6 track, mountain seat, and steering post setup. Just wish I could get it with Yamaha clutching/gearing.

The delete is a bit aggressive I am going to go with just shy of 1/2 the seat deleted but I ride 75% standing and the only time I sit is in the tight twisties and on the xtx I have to sit on the gas fill cap to get enough ski pressure to turn.

I have the knee pads installed and ride with my knees pressing on them almost all the time I am sitting.

The only draw back is the last 3 rides other buddies blew up or broke and had 2 up them to get them to a restaurant till I went back for the trailer

That's not a drawback. Just means they have ride with someone who has a longer seat. That or ride on the tunnel. :tg:

I was thinking about picking up one of those enclosed sleds that the you tow the kids in and maybe put a sign on it "Steves sled recovery service - Loser on board" instead of baby :Rockon:

X2 my Nytro was easier to stand and better control while standing!

Back