• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper starts motor in reverse

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 Yamaha SR Viper XTX
Hi. I'm wondering if anyone has an idea as to what I need to do to correct my 2014 Yamaha Viper XTX which starts the motor in reverse. Everything works normally otherwise, and I can push the reverse button to switch it into forward, but don't like that it does this. I bought it this way, but am thinking its a fairly simple fix. Ideas?

Your reverse actuator is wired backwards? did someone replace the actuator?
If it is like the winder, it is just a small screwdriver to pull the two wires on the reverse actuator and swap them around.

ignore what he says about the torque spec, wayyy offff..

thanks. I'll try that and see if that's the fix. I don't know what the guy before me did, as he told me "his mechanic did some work on it and then it always started in reverse which he never bothered to fix". :rolleyes:

You have cleaned the magnet that is on shift fork in your chaincase? There is a sensor behind your reverse actuator which senses when you are in reverse and activates the actuator to put it back into forward when you shut sled off. Maybe that sensor is unplugged even?

Hi. I'm wondering if anyone has an idea as to what I need to do to correct my 2014 Yamaha Viper XTX which starts the motor in reverse. Everything works normally otherwise, and I can push the reverse button to switch it into forward, but don't like that it does this. I bought it this way, but am thinking its a fairly simple fix. Ideas?
Was it the polarity issue that the guy talked about in the video? Is it working correctly now? Thanks

Back