• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper - Summerizing

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Viper
I am a second owner of a 2015 viper lt-x and have rode two seasons and now have almost 9,000 miles on it. Due to the miles and last year only doing oil, chaincase, and snowtrackers, Could anyone give me and the other TYmembers a comprehensive list of what should be done to summerize this sled. I am not an engineer/mechanic, but I am capable of taking the sled apart, clutches off, rear skid out, etc.

There are a lot of threads with different things to look for. I was hoping someone could put together a comprehensive list all in one place or provide a link to a past thread.

With that mileage I would consider all drive bearings.

Pull the weight off the front end and see how much slop is in the a arms. Getting close to needing new bushings

Consider having all 4 shocks rebuilt. Definitely the 2 skid shocks.

Of course the usual rebuild of the skid, oil change, filter and chain case oil.

Ms

How many drive bearings do I need to check? I have seen multiple posts on this site, but want to make sure I get them all. So far I am planning to check the bearing behind the secondary clutch as well as the bearing in the brake caliper assembly. Is there more bearings in the drive system I should be checking?

No need to list all the bearings in the the rear skid as those will be checked as well.

How many drive bearings do I need to check? I have seen multiple posts on this site, but want to make sure I get them all. So far I am planning to check the bearing behind the secondary clutch as well as the bearing in the brake caliper assembly. Is there more bearings in the drive system I should be checking?

No need to list all the bearings in the the rear skid as those will be checked as well.
The Wobblebearing for Jackshaft in chaincase is the one I worry about most.

Missed this....
You’ve got it. The clutch side drive bearings need regular greasing. While the chaincase is apart inspect those bearings. The chaincase side holds up quite well
Ms

Back