• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper taking a long time to cool down

Jordan grant

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 yamaha viper ltx-dx
New yamaha viper owner 2017.i just purchased sled 2017 viper with 4k kms and 113 hours. In excellent shape no rust very few scratches well maintained and not abused from looking at it. I was just wondering if this is an issue? I put fuel stabilizer in and ran sled for 5 minutes or so to operating temp 69 c° was in open garage today on 25 degree celsius. Probably 32 celsius in the garage maybe more. I didn't think much about it and threw a sheet over sled like i do to protect from sun about a half hour later thinking it was cool but didnt check. i didn't put actual cover on but sheet does drape over front of sled. I came out an hour and half later and engine was still pretty darn warm to touch. Air intake said 38 degrees celsius cool temp was 41. Should be worried the engine was staying hot for too long? or is it new sled purchase in summer and didnt have the chance to ride and fully test having me over anxious and worried over nothing? I know these sleds are RELIABLE thats why i bought yamaha. Tried to put all info in thanks for any input.

Last edited:

Once those engines are up to temp they stay warm for a long time even in the winter. You covering it up would have extended the cool down time no question.
I put my balaclava and gloves on the goggle mesh in front of the steering and even after a 15 min rest on the trail they are very warm to the touch.

Once those engines are up to temp they stay warm for a long time even in the winter. You covering it up would have extended the cool down time no question.
I put my balaclava and gloves on the goggle mesh in front of the steering and even after a 15 min rest on the trail they are very warm to the touch.
Thanks was worried for a bit but it turns out to nothing has not been an issue since sleds starts and idles fine

You will love this engine, good on gas, low maintenance and is a real torque monster. Hitting the fun lever out of a corner on the trails is quite a rush...….enjoy

Back