• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper thoughts

Carla 123

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 viper xtx boosted
17 zr9000 precision stage 3
Bought a new 2016 ltx-se in late March and haven't ridden it yet as season is done,I just love heading out to my shop with a beer in hand and drooling over this machine,I've had lots of time to read up on this great forum and for the life of me cannot believe some of the dumb #*$&@ things that yamaha or cat have done,if I have to adjust the chain muffler has to come off ,okay no problem but I have to change the exhaust gasket,why should it cost me money to adjust the chain,then you have to remove the reverse actuater to add fluid,and no drain plug in the chain case, wow,then to drain the oil tank is a chore thankfully Ulmer has the easy drain kit,I put the 4th wheel kit on and cannot get the track aligned perfectly,I've ridden and wrenched on sleds since1968 when we bought our first super olympique lol,yes I'm old,sorry to rant but I just think when a sled is 15 thou things would be a little easier to work on,I guess that's why winter is so short,to give us time to wrench

You can buy a copper exhaust gasket which is reusable (from what I remember the Hurricane one is about the same price as the stock one) from Hurricane Performance who I believe is a site advertiser.

Last edited:
yup I bought a 2016 rtx se for $9150 in March best price I could get in N.E. I was able to get 500 miles on it before the end. bunch of stuff I do not like but what can you do? I wanted 4 stroke and didn't want a Doo still hoping yammie comes out with something of their own . the front end works great the seating poition is awesome

I cant seem to find the sweat spot on the rear end even with the qs3 shocks......the seats way to hard maybe that's the thing to change to smooth it out a bit

Back