• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper to AC zr7000

HydrogenCyanide

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2006 Yamaha RS Nytro
2006 Yamaha Apex
Long time apex rider. Looking to upgrade and wanted a viper. I’ve found a 2016 zr7000 that is cheaper and lower KMs than the viper I was considering.
Aside from branding are there any differences I should be aware of? Am I giving up anything going the artic cat route? Will everything in this forum apply to the artic cat as well?

Clutches will be different. Some say the fuel mapping is different from cat to Yamaha?
I had a 2015 ZR 7000 unlimited 129" I thought it was a good sled. I only put 3500 miles on it in two years, but it was flawless for me.. I NEVER had issues with cold starts or running on 2 cylinders on a cold start.
It was super snappy to 75MPH.. Very good transfer. I have since gone Turbo/sidewinder.

I have no experience with the Viper but do have a 2015 ZR 7000 El Tiger and its been a great sled. I bought it in 2017 with 3000 KM.
I now have 9700 KM without any issues. Always started in the cold weather (two times had to try twice). I had one hot start issue in years I have owned it, so now I leave the key cranked even after it starts to help prevent the back fire problems when hot that some have had. Last year it showed signs of tight valves so will see how that goes this coming season.
It has tons of torque even at 70 miles/hour it pulls hard. Not a top speed demon but will scare the hell out of most 800's in a 1/4 mile run

Last edited:
Congrats.
Hope you get the enjoyment and repair free years that I have had with mine

Back