• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper w/o decals

sws564

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 Viper ltx dx
2006 Attak
2009 RS Vector
Has anybody tried taking their decals off the sled? Hows it look? I know a few guys with winders have done it but cant find much on the vipers. I have the 15 ltx dx in black i think it would look good but id love to find some pics before i do it.

Has anybody tried taking their decals off the sled? Hows it look? I know a few guys with winders have done it but cant find much on the vipers. I have the 15 ltx dx in black i think it would look good but id love to find some pics before i do it.
Not sure if I am right or wrong but when I registered in ME, NH and Canada I thought I had read in some of the paperwork that all the factory safety signage was required. Not a big deal but it might be something to consider and look into before you remove them. Those stickers from Yamaha can get expensive.

Just wait a while and they will start to fall off by themselves. Lost the bottom parts on both my side panels after the second winter.

I have a couple shots of my 14 with and without side stickers. The photo with the stickers on is too large to load. I will work on getting it loaded up later.

Attachments

• IMG_3620.JPG
    IMG_3620.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 367
  • IMG_3656.JPG
    IMG_3656.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_3660.JPG
    IMG_3660.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 360
  • IMG_3712.JPG
    IMG_3712.JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 300
Just wait a while and they will start to fall off by themselves. Lost the bottom parts on both my side panels after the second winter.
Yeah, they are all chipped up now, think it looks better with out them when they start doing that.

Stickers on fruit suck and so do stickers on sleds, quads, bikes, boats and trailers. I think they are lame cheap and nasty. Gave up on them in grade two when they wouldn't stay on my lunch box.

Seriously, all my sled needs is the Yamaha crest on the nose and YAMAHA on the snow flap. That is the best look in my opinion. Don't even need that really, everyone knows it is a Yamaha because it is the one in front.

I have a black RTX and when I bought it the one sticker on both sides that has 4 stroke written on it had defects so I ordered two new ones thinking I'd replace them. Received the new ones and pulled the old ones off and thought...nope...not putting those on. I really like the look without them. Next up I took off the two big ugly safety stickers. Sled looks great now with just the SR VIPER sticker and the black YAMAHA GYTR stickers.

I have a black RTX and when I bought it the one sticker on both sides that has 4 stroke written on it had defects so I ordered two new ones thinking I'd replace them. Received the new ones and pulled the old ones off and thought...nope...not putting those on. I really like the look without them. Next up I took off the two big ugly safety stickers. Sled looks great now with just the SR VIPER sticker and the black YAMAHA GYTR stickers.
Those are the same ones that got removed from my 16 when they started to peel off on there own. I totally agree it’s better without

Garage is a bit cluttered but here are some pics.
20190514_213006_compress88.jpg

20190514_213053_compress98.jpg

Vast improvement. I'm an artist and I am very critical of all of the manufacturers aesthetics. It is a sad thing when they are done so badly the sleds look better without. I also like that some of you are willing to be different and make a statement.

My brother blew his decals off while cleaning his 14 XTX with an electric pressure washer. They come off easily.

Back