• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper won’t start after ecm update

Viperwoidyla

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 viper rtx se
New to the forum. I had my 2015 viper rtx serviced they did a ecm update on it when I went to pick it up it wouldn’t start they looked at it a bit more and told me the ics was not functioning properly they said you have to replace the whole throttle body assembly $1400 if they did it. I found a brand new one on eBay $200 I replaced it still wouldn’t start I was checking the plugs found they were dry while I had t[he first one out turned it over to check for spark the sled started on two cylinders. I put the plug back in and it fired up. Ran it until full temperature. Let it cool down and went to try and start again won’t start not even a sputter. Anyone have any input on what this could be. I’m going to talk with the dealership and see if they have any ideas but I’m stumped

Was it running when you took it to the dealer, if so take it back tell them to fix it on there dime. They already pointed you in the wrong direction once, doesn't sound like they know what there doing. It could very well be just a relay, but I would bet it has something to do with the reflash they did.

Can you hear the fuel pump run when you turn on ignition?

Fuel pump runs fuel up to the rail put new sealed relays in tried again this morning and again will fire on two cylinders but with the third plug in nothing

Was it running when you took it to the dealer, if so take it back tell them to fix it on there dime. They already pointed you in the wrong direction once, doesn't sound like they know what there doing. It could very well be just a relay, but I would bet it has something to do with the reflash they did.

What he said

Part of trouble-shooting is the elimination of possible issues, ONE at a time. Keep searching, follow the process of ignition from start to finish. It very well could be the re-flash. If the flash is the culprit the motor may have never started. I would bring your sled to a different dealer, your comment with respect to the spark would have me looking at the flash or plugs and wires. Easy to replace and rule them out. If you confirmed the fuel, air and spark then it can only be mechanical or flash.
Lets not forget about the old fuel or the weak battery that has been sitting there all summer. Just thinking out-loud.

Back