• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper/xf7000 weight

Studroes144 said:
Not sure if this has been confirmed on a production model yet. Cat xf7000 weight right out of the crate. Shipped with 2 gallons of gas.
If that sled came right out of the crate it did not have any fuel in it,the dealers set up requires them to add fuel and top off all other fluids,most dealers add 2 gal. of fuel,so it was 556 w/2 gal,now add 8.5 more and you should be in the ball park of 610 lbs,still not bad at all.

Should we be concerned that the weight distribution is heavier in the rear? My ski doo buddies are all over me claiming I am going to be getting stuck like crazy in powder/back country. Stating my track will just dig a hole straight down from stop. I should say that I do know how to ride and all the tricks to getting traction in these situations, but my last sled was an 03 MXZ 500 so big transition for me here.

Thoughts?

mnmsnowbeast said:
Studroes144 said:
Not sure if this has been confirmed on a production model yet. Cat xf7000 weight right out of the crate. Shipped with 2 gallons of gas.
If that sled came right out of the crate it did not have any fuel in it,the dealers set up requires them to add fuel and top off all other fluids,most dealers add 2 gal. of fuel,so it was 556 w/2 gal,now add 8.5 more and you should be in the ball park of 610 lbs,still not bad at all.

I watched my dealer take my viper out of the crate and set it up. Put the battery in and it fired right up..came right out of the crate with a 1/4 tank of gas. My buddy just picked up his xf 7000 yesterday. Came right out of the crate with a 1/4 tank of gas too.

So 556 + 8 more gallons of fuel = 620 LBs

If I remember correctly my Apex is =690 LBs full of fuel

Does this sound about right ???

I haven't decided if I'm impressed or not ?

Hey Dennis. If you read this. HOWS THE BEEF ??? LOL
A gallon of gasoline weighs 6 lbs. 8 gal would be an extra 48 lbs for 604 lbs total

Back