• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

viper secondary on btx amazed this difference

rxwhopper

TY 4 Stroke Guru
From time i bought the sidewinder btx i been fighting with what i called lack of transfer and traction. Good friend of mine who builds lots of turbo sleds kept saying throw roller in garbage put old secondary on from viper or nytro ,so i said hell lets give it a tray. he said go with whitw secondary at 70 degrees and the old 8fa apex helix. I now have a winder that actually wheelies and pulls hard and fun to drive. I am amzed its just the secondary as i never touched the primary clutch at all.now this testing is done in heavy snow in a stubble field maybe 18 inches. Another dealer i talked to said they have done 4 already for customers to stop the belt blowing issues. I see lots buying helixes for stock roller and i want to put in a order to dalton . anyone tell me what i should be ordering for helix and what combo to use with stock roller? i have qay62 im going to try today and a set of 60 gram base weight super tips.Stock clutch worked well but like to see if there is more to it now.

As our pm, get this thing running good!

I didn't throw the whole clutch away, just the helix. I run a 45 degree helix with the stock spring---works great. I think people are looking in the wrong direction with all these secondary spring changes. The spring isn't the problem, its the helix in my opinion. You don't need monster springs in your secondary for trail riding, just enough to keep it from slipping. Its about efficiency and shift rate.

From time i bought the sidewinder btx i been fighting with what i called lack of transfer and traction. Good friend of mine who builds lots of turbo sleds kept saying throw roller in garbage put old secondary on from viper or nytro ,so i said hell lets give it a tray. he said go with whitw secondary at 70 degrees and the old 8fa apex helix. I now have a winder that actually wheelies and pulls hard and fun to drive. I am amzed its just the secondary as i never touched the primary clutch at all.now this testing is done in heavy snow in a stubble field maybe 18 inches. Another dealer i talked to said they have done 4 already for customers to stop the belt blowing issues. I see lots buying helixes for stock roller and i want to put in a order to dalton . anyone tell me what i should be ordering for helix and what combo to use with stock roller? i have qay62 im going to try today and a set of 60 gram base weight super tips.Stock clutch worked well but like to see if there is more to it now.
those the viper secondary fit the sidewinder jackshaft?

What did you set the offset to? I asume 1-2mm with float on the outside

Back