• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

VK PRO 2016 !

Zorro

Country
Norway
Snowmobile
RS VK Professional
New VK Pro II 2016. with 1049 ccm EFI, but no EPS yet. 10% more fuel capacity and 5cm higher seat.

Do we like the new look?

im wery curious about it? I like the higher seating and bar , it looks pretty sweet and nimbel but is it heavy as the vk pro and center of gravity high and needed to be widend with geilo update to work??I didnt like the closed foottray, looks like youl be dragging tons of snow there:( to the things i do like, the 1049 cc engine:yam: and no carbs:yam:and prefilter for deep snow fun.:blingIf it works to my liking my nytro will be up for sale:yam:

Well, I decided I couldn't wait for 2016, I needed a sled this spring, so I just bought an Expedition 900. But if not for that I'd have picked up a VK, the Swiss watch of snowmobiles.

We have a 2009 VKPro at work and everyone hates it a refuses to drive it. The last guy who would ride it regularly really didn't know how to drive and was constantly stuck. My sled burned to the ground on Friday so I am now stuck with the VKPro until the end of the season. I had it out for two days. After the first day I completely readjusted the suspension to get more ski pressure and stiffen it up overall. I was pleasantly surprised what the sled can actually do and how fast it is. I blew the doors off my co worker who was driving a 2015 Renegade 900 ACE in both hard pack and powder. He couldn't believe it. So here I am watching the video on the new VKPro 11 because I am curious about the improvements. Not that I want one, but the new Professional looks pretty good and the addition of fuel injection and the other refinements appear to be an excellent upgrade.

Has anyone else on here recently purchased the 2016 VK pro?

My dealer is suggesting the 2016 version VK "could" be noisier because of the change in track angle and addition of extroverts on drive sprocket. I find it hard to believe that Yamaha would sacrifice a change in track angle and make a machine obnoxiously loud at various RPM's?

The noise seems to really become noticeable at 4200 rpm then disappears again over 6000 rpm. Some days are worse than others and it does not seem to matter what the riding conditions are. It does seem worse with a passenger but it is very difficult to say. Noise seems to be coming from under the hood.

Anyone else have any input as to the noise of their 2016 VK Pro 2? Would the 2017 model VK be any quieter?

I spoke with dealer and they are well aware of my concerns and I will be taking it in for the 800 km service in a couple of weeks.

I have read most of the threads about the noisy clutch on the 1049 but have not heard anyone specifically addressing it with the 2016 VK.

Thanks for any input.

OK, here goes. I bought a brand new 2006 VK when it first came out. Loved it. The mirrors are in a F&^%$D up place, but I got used to them. Sliders wore out very quickly. Swapped the 5" idlers for 5-1/4", sliders went 8ooo km. Top speed, 137 km/h on good hard packed lake trail. Loved the little pockets above the foot rests. (What happened to them on the 2016?). bought the trunk box, loved it too. My 2016 is pretty sweet with that new motor, but I can only get 115 km/h, (track too tight?). Mirrors mounted incorrectly, L vs. R (dealer?) Had to McGiver the trunk box to make it fit the new sled as they changed the rear rack for some stupid reason. Very loud, the 2006 was a little quieter, not much. Gearbox is a bit of a pain at times as well. Overall, I would say it's a marginal improvement over the original. The best upgrade I can recommend is the 11" skins with 6" Woody's Dooly runners.

Has anyone else on here recently purchased the 2016 VK pro?

My dealer is suggesting the 2016 version VK "could" be noisier because of the change in track angle and addition of extroverts on drive sprocket. I find it hard to believe that Yamaha would sacrifice a change in track angle and make a machine obnoxiously loud at various RPM's?

The noise seems to really become noticeable at 4200 rpm then disappears again over 6000 rpm. Some days are worse than others and it does not seem to matter what the riding conditions are. It does seem worse with a passenger but it is very difficult to say. Noise seems to be coming from under the hood.

Anyone else have any input as to the noise of their 2016 VK Pro 2? Would the 2017 model VK be any quieter?

I spoke with dealer and they are well aware of my concerns and I will be taking it in for the 800 km service in a couple of weeks.

I have read most of the threads about the noisy clutch on the 1049 but have not heard anyone specifically addressing it with the 2016 VK.

Thanks for any input.
Update:
Brake light is on order.
Everything else is normal and checks out, no obvious cause for the noise....apparently the obnoxious noise and vibration is just normal for the 2016 VK Pro...be for warned!

Back