• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

VK Pro Oil Capacity

bobberal

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 VK Pro
Not sure if I am reading this correct or not. Or maybe I do not understand Japanese English.

What is the capacity needed with filter, It looks like 3.17 liters, but the total amount listed has me confused.

Attachments

• Oil Capacity.jpg
    Oil Capacity.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 391

My understanding is that there is oil left in the engine that does not drain when we do a service.

My understanding is that there is oil left in the engine that does not drain when we do a service.

That is a big variance left in the engine when you pull the reserve plug, filter and pan plug. The reason I ask is the first time I had the oil change by a Yamaha dealer, and when I took it into a different Yamaha dealer for another issue they said the oil was overfilled. I now change my own oil and I can see how this creates confusion. The dip stick design is also very interesting, but it is still the best way to keep an eye on oil usage and level I guess.

My 2020 was delivered low on oil and when I reported that here a couple months ago another member reported the same.

The dip stick doesn't go down into the oil? How do I check the oil level?

This thread pertains to engine oil in 2018 and up models. Our chain case oil plug looks like a too short dip stick as you describe. There is a sight window to check chain case oil. This may apply to your model, I don't know.

Back