• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

VK Pro Wide Front End kit

vk540

Can anyone help me find the link to the wide front end kit that was made for the VK Pro, i think it was in Findland or Norway ??, there was also a kit to re-route the exhaust so it did not exit under the tunnel causing all the snow build up.......its a great sled but i dont know why they had to make the darn sled so tippy........ Thanks

I have gone to the web site in Norway that offers the widening kit, But because i can not read the language i can not locate the kit i want to purchase, Can anyone please help ??....Thanks

The kit is made out of the original arms, and with swaybar kit for better stability. It is therefore not sold as a kit. The skis are also moved 25mm backvards with new holes in the skis. this for better flotation in the snow. i can post some pictures if you are interested. Excuse my bad english.

Here are some pictures of the widening kit, swaybar kit,mounting of skis
and mounting of the skid in lowest position.Have also put on a rear mounted turbo kit from Mcx. Now the viking is a real Viking!. :jump:

Attachments

• 1 (8).jpg
    1 (8).jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 809
  • 1 (5).jpg
    1 (5).jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 859
  • 1 (4).jpg
    1 (4).jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 752
  • 1 (3).jpg
    1 (3).jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 762
  • 1 (2).jpg
    1 (2).jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 843
  • 1 (1).jpg
    1 (1).jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 1,248
very nice pictures!!!! :yam:

its there a real big difference in how its handles??, from what type you get the swaybar from (rx-1)???
is it pre drilled holes for the skid to lower into?? or did you yust lower it in the back?? Is this the machine on youtube with an apex motor with 300 hp??

alot of question here but like when people fix the allready good machine but make it even better

The way it handles are much better, specially in deep snow. On trail
the sled is not so tippy, and feels like you added 5" on the suspension.
I lowered it both in front and back. It is also better for less icing in the skid.
You get more heat out of the tunnel, if this mod, and the exhaust
out on the side over the tunnel it is nearly no icing on the skid.
The swaybar is a RX1 cut and soldered into a tube in the middle
The engine is Rs with 210hp.

Hi! Anyone know the price of the widening kit for the Professional? Looks good in the pics!!

Yamaha dealers now sell widening kit, some of them don't sell new without the widening kit.

I've been looking at the VK Pro front end and I'm thinking the Apex/Vector/Venture front arms and shocks will bolt right up. Has anyone done this? My brother has a VK Pro and have been looking at widening the front as he finds it tippy.

Here is an alternative take on fixing "tippy" based on your location, ie. maybe lots of snow and off trail/ungroomed trail riding. My sled will roll in heavy deep snow and can be a handful to right. That would be worse if you are smaller or not equipped with a left hand throttle. I got the 11 inch skins and the roll/tippiness thing is history.

If however he has a handling issue at speed, then ignore the above.

Back