• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

VLOG #20 - Jaret Finds a Special SRX

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder SRX

https://fb.watch/5t3hQbmYy8/

On this edition of Sled Talk, join Jaret as he discusses two snowmobiles from his personal collection – a 2002 SRX and his newest addition, a special 2000 SRX Triple that he owned over 10 years ago.
Show us a special snowmobile from your collection or any of the projects you have on the go to hold you over until the snow fall next season!

Last edited:

That is a great find! I wish I could find my favorite sled ever. Red 2003 Yamaha Viper with A M-10 rear and front ALM. trailing arms from CB performance. That sled was a slot car in the trails.

why i make sure i have room for dad's 05 venture with the full olins shocks on it. it is the sled i let expeianced guests ride. wish i had room to keep them all or get all the ones i wanted.

Since this is under "Yamaha hot topics " it would be much appreciated if Yamaha would focus their time to fix the known flaws on the Sidewinder model sleds.
Holding out before I buy another sidewinder!

I have tried to keep a few old sleds, the reality became, beside space, I don't have enough time to ride the new one I have let alone keep 2 or 3 others fresh and ready to ride.
The other thing became clear, as cool as we remember the old iron, they don't hold a candle to the new ones.
If riding time, space and money where no object, there is no telling how much stuff I would have!!
I told my wife if I win some sort of lottery I will build the biggest garage you ever saw and put all the cool stuff I want to buy under one roof.

Love your mint 2002 Jaret. I would like to add a mint 2002 SRX, but they are hard to find and they are still a lot of money.

I'm super stoked to have a chance to get back my 2002 SRX in the near future. I built this sled a number of years ago and got rid of it when I bought my first SideWinder and have regretted getting rid of it ever since. It's finally coming full circle and will be back where it belongs.

I like what Yamaha has done with the SideWinder SRX but if you're a true Yamaha snowmobile fan you'll always remember the days before they went all in with the 4 strokes. I needed a true blue Yamaha performance 2 stroke back in the stable.

IMO the 2002 SRX motor package was the epitome of Yamaha's 2 stroke development for snowmobiles. I wonder what the current Yamaha sleds would have for motor packages if they would have stayed the course with their own 2 stroke motors instead of using the Arctic Cat motors?

RetroSRX3.jpg

RetroSRX7.JPG

RetroSRX11-2.jpg

Last edited:

On this edition of Sled Talk, join Jaret as he discusses two snowmobiles from his personal collection – a 2002 SRX and his newest addition, a special 2000 SRX Triple that he owned over 10 years ago.
Show us a special snowmobile from your collection or any of the projects you have on the go to hold you over until the snow fall next season!
Glad to hear you got your SRX back, hard to beat pure Jap sleds Jaret

Attachments

• 3EA3A72E-7CEA-4D02-ADEE-93AA386EECC4.jpeg
    3EA3A72E-7CEA-4D02-ADEE-93AA386EECC4.jpeg
    145.7 KB · Views: 149
My 2002 with 1700 original km on it, I also have a 2021 srx, but nothing sounds as good as a triple Yamaha

Back