• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Voltage regulator power

Sonnyjames

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Vk professional 2006
If my voltage regulator was gone, would it drain all power to the dash after a while? Lights go dim and dash goes dead after about a hours ride. Put a new stator on, but didn't seem to help. I have a 2006 vk pro. Any help?

usually if the regulator is gone, it would overcharge and blow all the bulbs. have you checked for chafed wiring?

One of the pins on the voltage regulator rusts off from water dripping down on the harness. Machine runs for a while off the battery until its dead. They have since added a flap to protect it from moisture and changed the harness. Its not in a great spot as its constantly wet. My 06 did the same thing. Buy a new voltage regulator and put the dielectric grease to it before you put it back together.

Thanks for blog I was having the same issue I wish I could up load the pic I took but it does't work

If my voltage regulator was gone, would it drain all power to the dash after a while? Lights go dim and dash goes dead after about a hours ride. Put a new stator on, but didn't seem to help. I have a 2006 vk pro. Any help?
Did you find out what was wrong? I have the same problem right now

You will have some pins corroded on the voltage regulator and Yamaha had a wiring harness kit that you could buy as the connector that goes on the voltage regulator corrodes also and as mentioned assemble with dielectric grease , was common with sleds that were trailered alot or spent a lot time near or on salted roads! Your local dealer should be able to help you. You will also have to buy the voltage regulator! A friend's sled had the same problem! Cheers!

You will have some pins corroded on the voltage regulator and Yamaha had a wiring harness kit that you could buy as the connector that goes on the voltage regulator corrodes also and as mentioned assemble with dielectric grease , was common with sleds that were trailered alot or spent a lot time near or on salted roads! Your local dealer should be able to help you. You will also have to buy the voltage regulator! A friend's sled had the same problem! Cheers!
In the process of putting in a new stator. Changed the voltage regulator and it wasn’t the problem. Hopefully that works

Change the stator but now it idols perfect until it warms up and then stutters really bad. Seems to work perfect until it warms up. Then cuts out are warms up. I also changed the anti-freeze coolant. I'm pretty sure I have all the air lock bubbles out of it with that possibly be causing the problem. Also when it starts to stutter I start to get a strong smell of gas.

Back