• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Warning ride light from Rock

CaptCaper

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 RS Vector XTX 1.25 Lug wifes..2013 RS Vector LTX.. 2003 600 VMax Past Machines 3-2007 Attaks 1-2010 Vector LTX.. sorry no Stinkdoos or poo's cats.
Got them in yesterday.. seem real nice for the price. The one I had before had wiring of poor quality for cold.. indoors even..but Rocks is A1. RC connectors too instead of special wiring and transformer in the line ..
Cheaper too.
Again Rock comes thru..

Awesome! I think I've only seen preproduction units, can you post a few pics?

Got them in yesterday.. seem real nice for the price. The one I had before had wiring of poor quality for cold.. indoors even..but Rocks is A1. RC connectors too instead of special wiring and transformer in the line ..
Cheaper too.
Again Rock comes thru..

X2 on Rock's lights. I purchased 2, one for my seld and one for he kids.

Just waiting for ridable snow now!

Everyone, please do the snow dance and in the famous words of Anna and Elsa: :letsnow::letsnow::letsnow:

Pictures! I need pictures! We have RideLites, but I hate the inline power pack.

I received my new RAD Lights from RoczToyz. Came with direct plug-n-play for my Apex(s). Here are some pics of them. Attached with supplied velcro. Auto-dimming feature, brighter in the day-dims in the dark. Yellow Warning Flasher mode as well.

Attachments

• RAD Light Back.jpg
    RAD Light Back.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 393
  • RAD Light Front.jpg
    RAD Light Front.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 400
  • RAD Light Plug.jpg
    RAD Light Plug.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 401
  • RAD Light.jpg
    RAD Light.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 399
How cool is that, plug and play! Wish I knew about these before I bought the RideLites. And is that a photosensor on the back?

How cool is that, plug and play! Wish I knew about these before I bought the RideLites. And is that a photosensor on the back?

Must be some sort of sensor, as it is auto-dimming.

Nice pic's glad you beat me too it.. Sorry Steve Yesterday I had a long awesome ride from Nash Stream To Lake Umbaggog to Errol to Millsfield to Nash... awesome trails... flat and powder packed hard. Today I had to leave 6 am to DH Hospitable to see a Shoulder replacement surgeon...
Ride lites have cheap wiring..crack in the cold fast ... both mine got trashed.. he claims they have to be secured... we'll hard to do when they are on the outside plus.. every time you remove the outer panel the wiring has to move.. other then that work work fine.

Nice pic's glad you beat me too it.. Sorry Steve Yesterday I had a long awesome ride from Nash Stream To Lake Umbaggog to Errol to Millsfield to Nash... awesome trails... flat and powder packed hard. Today I had to leave 6 am to DH Hospitable to see a Shoulder replacement surgeon...
Ride lites have cheap wiring..crack in the cold fast ... both mine got trashed.. he claims they have to be secured... we'll hard to do when they are on the outside plus.. every time you remove the outer panel the wiring has to move.. other then that work work fine.

Exactly right. If you don't secure them, no good. Hope they last as they aren't cheap. If they go, I'll replace with ones from Rock! Sounds like a great ride you had...

I think Rock's RAD light is a good idea due to it gets a little tricky one handing the Attak around a corner and giving somebody the finger with the other hand. Two questions that come up is, how long till this gets universal recognition, and, where is the best place to mount that light? My line of sight is usually up near the rider on short notice encounters. Anybody have pics of where they are mounting the light?

I have my RAD light from Rock installed now too. I hope people can see it because I am not hand signaling anymore. Too dangerous. Very nice simple install and just plugged it into my Power supply from him. Love it! Thanks Rock!

I think Rock's RAD light is a good idea due to it gets a little tricky one handing the Attak around a corner and giving somebody the finger with the other hand. Two questions that come up is, how long till this gets universal recognition, and, where is the best place to mount that light? My line of sight is usually up near the rider on short notice encounters. Anybody have pics of where they are mounting the light?
I have mine on side of sled but I may stick it right to side of Windshield to get it out of headlight glare. Ideally would be on the left a-arm but don't know if it would survive that.

Lot's of them are on the left side panel..(drivers side if an auto) so the on coming machines can see the.

Steve on yours the RideLites WIRES have to be secured from moving at all when riding in the sub freezing...they get brittle and crack open breaking the copper strands as well. Rock seems to use a quality insulation and connector..

I have one coming from Rock and would like to see where people have mounted them. Thanks

Back