• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Warranty question?

super1c

Country
USA
Snowmobile
22 sidewinder LTX-LE
putting sleds away and noticed my rear shock idler mount bolt loose and rail bolt hole now egged out. Not happy to say the least. I have not touched anything on sled, would this be a warranty item? I'll need a new rail for sure. Calling dealer in am to see but wondering what you guys think. Thanks

Worth a try but usually loose bolts are not warranty. Dealer may get it done though. If rail isn't egged out real bad there is repair inserts that can be used.

The Rails seem pretty cheap from Cat, you could just drill it out and use an insert too. I wouldn't consider welding it up though, that really weakens the surrounding metal, especially extruded aluminum.

These sleds seem to be susceptible to loose suspension bolts. Seems like the Japanese fine thread metrics never came loose (although the kid did shear the off once on the Phazer). Regardless, with the Viper, check those bolts and add lock tight. My sled was fine, but the used XTX I bought had loose and one missing bolt that I caught before we had rail damage.

When they replaced the rails my mechanic used a Yamaha bolt and nut for that main shock bolt. He said the same thing I was always thinking. He said never seen a Yamaha main suspension bolt loosen up have ya! LOL! May replace the wife's with same for good measure.

When they replaced the rails my mechanic used a Yamaha bolt and nut for that main shock bolt. He said the same thing I was always thinking. He said never seen a Yamaha main suspension bolt loosen up have ya! LOL! May replace the wife's with same for good measure.
I did same thing in many spots. Yamaha uses a longer shoulder on the bolts and they go in further also. I also am a big fan of the big washers that are concave so when tightened they squish a bit. Clean holes,Loctite and a Paint mark to give a warning all help a lot.

Tracey is a great asset for Yamaha, great memory, he remembers everything and knows a great deal about the technical side of these sleds. He also listens very well and will spend time discussing issues with their customers. Love those T&R guys!

Tracey is a great asset for Yamaha, great memory, he remembers everything and knows a great deal about the technical side of these sleds. He also listens very well and will spend time discussing issues with their customers. Love those T&R guys!
For sure! They have been awesome to deal with, tracey and randy have talked to me on phone more then once about questions ive had and always took their time with me. Great dealer and better group of guys!!

For sure! They have been awesome to deal with, tracey and randy have talked to me on phone more then once about questions ive had and always took their time with me. Great dealer and better group of guys!!

I couldn't agree more, we have bought a lot of toys from T&R over the years and sent lots of friends their way and everyone seams to be happy. ;)!

Back