• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Warrior mods, tips & tricks? New owner here.

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2005 RX Warrior
Hey gang,

My mom just bought an 05 Warrior “for my dad” but I’ll be driving it more than him. He’s in his 70s, I’m 46. It has a studded track and a second heat exchanger but is otherwise stock I believe. Has about 6000 kms on it and is in great condition!

It isn’t the sled I’d have chosen as I usually break trail into our camp and like to play in powder here in Ontario and Quebec. My last two machines were an 09 Tundra 300 and a ‘15 Tundra 600ACE.

Anything I should know about the sled other than it’s way too heavy and has way too much power?

Service manual link? Easy/cheap mods, suspension setup tips, things to check? Thanks in advance for your help!!

Yoshi

Apex/RS Nytro seat should be the first mod (assuming it doesn't already have it) The stock seat is LOW, and hard on the knees. Any RS chassis seat will fit with some trimming of the plastic shroud. Wouldn't hurt to go through the shocks, but that might be an off-season thing.

Other than that, clean and balance the carbs, change the oil, and have fun!

Last edited:
welcome!

throw a set of 09 yamaha mountain skis on it to help keep the front end up out of the powder unless some one has already put a set of wide skis on it. did quite a bit of trail breaking/powder riding with my 05 rx warrior before i got my 11 xtx.

i would check the exh dounuts as that is around the milage when mine failed. you check them by blocking the exhaust off with rags and the engine should stall in under 30 seconds.

other wise ride it and ask for tips here for how you would like it to perform.

x2 on the Apex seat, and checking the exhaust. My exhaust went out around 5000km. Another great improvement is a riser, and bar hooks. This with the addition of the Apex/Attak seat makes it a whole new sled. Waaaaay easier to control on and off trail and your back and knees will thank you. I did, however, have to install a mountain throttle cable with the height of my riser, and unhook the break line from the coolant tank to give it some slack. Not a big deal at all.

Back