• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

WATER IN CRANKCASE

JERSEYJOE

Expert
I FOUND OUT WHY TH APEX STALLS. THE OIL RES IF FULL OF WATER AND MILKY STUFF FROM RUNNING THE ENGINE. STORED OUTSIDE WITH 3 OTHER APEXES. HOW DOES WATER GET INTO THE CRANKCASE?

covered during storage?

i would vote for condensation as well if it was covered. i have seen a few old 2 stroker fill the bottom end with water and it was only discovered when they where trying to start them after freeze up.

starting to smell a disturber.

Exactly what does that mean?
if coolant lvl is good, suspecting tampering if it was covered. seen water work its way in before but usually not with cover on.

Drain it, change it, and move on. Just keep an eye out on it, maybe you have a blown head gasket, or it’s a fluke. Only way to know is start with fresh oil. Stalling and other issues leads me to think the engine is hurt.

No the coolant was up to level. We drained it, took the tank off and flushed it then filled it and ran it. Drained it 3 times with regular oil, now we will put in the yamma lube and new filter. Strange. Can't find where rain could have entered. It was outside and it has rained HARD but the 2 other APEX's were not effected. Will run it and either keep it inside or throw the cover on it.

Kid probably put garden hose in tailpipe and filled it up thru the exhaust valve. Or rain water....

I just found this issue too on a sled I just bought. The oil looked fine on the dipstick. I found that whoever had the airbox off last left the crankcase breather hose on the bottom of the box off which is a direct connection to the crankcase. The hose points up. With the water in it, the oil gets emulsified and thick and the engine will stop due to loss of oil pressure. I flushed it several times with a combination of ATF, diesel fuel and oil.

Back