• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Water pump seal gone????

BADSLED

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 Nytro MC Xpress 270
2011 Apex SE
2021 Sidewinder LTX SE - SOLD
Opened up up my coolant tank and noticed lots of crud in it. The pieces in it are about 1mm black and rubbery. If I had to guess the water pump seal took a s***. No, leaks or overheating. The coolant to water ratio was 60-40 and added some water wetter as recommended per instructions. I got a feeling it may be because of the water wetter #$%&* . I only have 180 miles this year and now this?? :o| :o| :o|

I had the same problem with this product quite a few years ago, never again. Others that I know have been running it for a while without incident, don't figure , just my luck !!!!!! :Rockon:

I don't have any experience with the Water Wetter product but it is hard to believe it would cause any part of the cooling system to fail. It's just a wetting agent that reduces the surface tension of the coolant and there is not that much of it in the system. Is the coolant pump leaking? How do you know the blach rubbery debris is from the coolant pump?

I just flushed the whole system. No leaks and I'm just assuming it could be the water pump seal. How else could rubber particles could be into the cooling system?? Unless the hoses were contaminted from the factory. Will know soon if I get anymore crud in the system there is something wrong.

Did you ever figure out what the debris?
If not did you have any issues?

I just replaced the antifreeze and noticed 1mm rubber floating around in the reservoir.....

Back