• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

We lost a TY member last week

I wish I could better understand the chain of events that lead up to this type of ending.

Sorry to hear about this. Condolences to he and his family.

So sad. May God Bless his family

I knew Paul for many years, more of an acquaintance that a friend. He was a good guy, loved sledding and being at the lake. One of those guys who always seemed really happy whenever you’d see him.

Condolences to his friends and family.

I wish I could better understand the chain of events that lead up to this type of ending.

As he was out driving by himself that night there is only speculation of how and what happened.
By happen chance I met a good friend of his on a job site. Some how our conversation got into sledding.
Long story shortened, this is what he told me.

Last couple of years he really got back into living life. With his wife's illness in remission they sold their city home and built their beautiful forever cottage.
Purchased all the toys they could to make cottage life the most enjoyable time of their lives.
A Sidewinder was one of those toys. On this particular day his Winder was in the shop and he was out on his wife's sled.
He contacted a few buddies to go riding on Wednesday. No one could make it on the short notice. This would not deter him from ridding.
So away he went by himself as many times before. The next news of Paul came in the morning hours of Thursday when a groomer operator came across the accident scene.
There was nothing he could do as all was done.
Paul has ridden in these trails for the past 25 years and knows them very well.

Again there is only speculation on what happened that night and what caused the crash.

So sad to hear this. Condolences to his family and friends.

Sad to hear Steiner.... Condolences to his family and friends.

my condolences to the family.

Here is the only good pic I found of Paul on the 2013 TY Ride
IMG-20130215-00027.jpg

Back