• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Well here goes

YamaDood

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
04 Yamaha RX1
18 Ski Doo 850 Renegade Raptor
2013 Ski Doo MXZ XRS
2011 Ski Doo 600 Arse Touring
01 Arctic Cat Z800
08 Arctic Cat 370
17 Polaris 120
02 Ski Doo 120
04 Ski Doo 120
My name is Richard and I’m addicted to snowmobiling and all things snowmobile.. wow that feels good! Glad to get that out in the open.

I’m new to this site, new to Yamaha snowmobiles, however not new to Yamaha Marine products.

I have recently purchased a 2004 Yamaha RX1 with very low milage (1400) and I’m looking to get it ready for the season. Oil change, chaincase oil, plugs, new belt (being that there’s no spare).. Might have the suspension revalved as well. Any and all information is greatly appreciated. I know most sites have a “go to guy” for parts and services, please send them my way!

Last edited:

My name is Anthony and I’m addicted to snowmobiling and all things snowmobile.. wow that feels good! Glad to get that out in the open.

I’m new to this site, new to Yamaha snowmobiles, however not new to Yamaha Marine products.

I have recently purchased a 2004 Yamaha RX1 with very low milage (1400) and I’m looking to get it ready for the season. Oil change, chaincase oil, plugs, new belt (being that there’s no spare).. Might have the suspension revalved as well. Any and all information is greatly appreciated. I know most sites have a “go to guy” for parts and services, please send them my way!

Welcome to the site!!

2004 with low miles I am thinking you are carbureted. If that’s the case I didn’t read anything about you mentioning carbs cleaned. If they haven’t been get them cleaned or you will hate Yamaha’s. Well at least my 2002 Viper. Welcome to the site. It rocks!

It certainly is carbureted. Seems to run really good but obviously no way to test it out. It did run last year just to move it around, didn’t get ridden much though. I’m more than capable of cleaning and/or rebuilding but should I run it first or take it apart? I’m here to ask and learn so what would you guys do?

Last edited:
B-Line Control for shock rebuild and valving as well as suspension set up. Call Bruce @ (651) 257-0828

WELCOME DOOD!
You have come to the right place for addiction. See the sled in my head?
The RX section should have all the info you need. There are plenty of searches you can use to get specific with your topic. You might have to go back a bit, but it's all here. People here love to help, or brag about what they know, but it's all good people with more information on Yamaha's ANYWHERE!

P.S 1: MrSled is the Boss, so you have to suck up to him. Buying a hat & tee shirt will start you in the right direction.
P.S 2: My Avatar is not an actual X-ray of my head......mine has a Yamaha in it.......plus i have a much nicer cheek structure

Thank you all for the help and welcoming wishes. I’ve been doing some reading and poking around on the site everyone here seems to bleed blue, most of my Yamaha’s have been grey (outboards) but I’m a huge Yamaha fan. I currently own a few sleds, more than I planed on being that I’ve only been doing this for 5 years now lol. This one I bought because this is the machine that started it all for me, first guys trip to Canada I was dead hooked. That’s it, I’m addicted, this is my drug, it’s better than any other I can think of although it’s just as expensive

Just spoke with Bruce from B-Line, what a great guy to talk to and man does he know his stuff. What an asset to this great sport!! Thank you for the referral.

I have a little bit of homework to do, I have to find a rear shock that is rebuildable to move forward with this part of my service.

Who do you guys use to buy oils, belts, annual maintaine stuff?

B-Line Control for shock rebuild and valving as well as suspension set up. Call Bruce @ (651) 257-0828
Thank you for referral! Bruce is my new suspension guy!

welcome!

you might want to check and see if the rear shock has an aluminum body on it. the steel ones are non rebuildable. i can help you set the old proaction so it rides pretty well.

if you have a yamaha dealer close, i would use the engine oil service kit they sell. only go semi synthetic as that motor is still not broken in yet.

chaincase lube and grease can come from your local parts store and i do reccomend synthetic for both of these.

belt, i would stay with the stock 8dn as they last really well and you can find deals online for them.

throw on the ski shim mod from the tec pages with a new set of 6" carbides and go ride that thing to decide what you want to do next.

I did purchase the OEM oil and filter kit, been reading a bit on the site and see that guys use reg auto store synthetic gear oil for chaincase. I ordered new 8dn belt as well. I just pulled the shocks out to have revalved, apparently I do have aluminum adjustable rear shock so it is buildable. I’ll be sending out to Bruce at B-Line first thing tomorrow. I should probably move this post to the RX page like suggested by -Gone Blue- (nice mods GB, im going to have lots of questions). Last owner did clutch work so I guess that’s done✔️

Why is he not a Vendor? Recommendations or referrals please.

I’ll definitely let you guys know, I’m sending shocks to him tomorrow morning. Super nice guy, we spoke for a while. He worked for Yamaha and multiple other race teams, sounds like he really knows his shi..uff and stands behind his work. I’ve been looking for a suspension guy for snowmobiles since I got into this sport and he sounds like the real deal.

Back