• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

welp i did it

maim

Staff member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 apex xtx
2011 apex xtx
2009 phaser rtx/x
1997 et410t/r
1988 vk 540
just put the deposit today on a 2016 apex xtx left over. paying a bit more than i wanted but to get the cheaper one involved 36 hrs of driving witch would have balanced out the price in shipping or gas/hotel. from looking on autotrader and kijiji nation wide this was 1 of 4 nc apex xtx's left between the years 2015-2017 in canada.

now i have to mod this thing to match my 2011 apex xtx, other than the rear suspension and some obselete accessories. she should be home next week some time.

Have fun dressing her up!!

I like mine, did it come with the updated rear shock, what track option does it have, mine came with the back country track.

Some of the best times are working in the garage with a Classic Rock station on, the wife leaving you alone because the garage smells, the kids leaving you alone because they don't want to get greasy, the dog staring at you wondering why you won't throw the ball.
But your mind is now obsessed with making your new "girl" look the way YOU want, ride the way YOU want & feel the way YOU want.
Your brain imagines everybody clamoring over what nice job you did & big plumes of white snow in the video you've been planning on making for 10 years. You imagine that your new sled is the FASTEST ever made & you can smoke 300 hp turbos & the ditch grinders can't keep up to you in the bumps.
Hot Suzie Chapstick models in ski jackets warm up to you in the local bar because your ride is THAT sweet!
Oh the magic of a new sled!

Then you wake up & realize you'll be staring at weather reports BEGGING for snow in 2 months!

Some of the best times are working in the garage with a Classic Rock station on, the wife leaving you alone because the garage smells, the kids leaving you alone because they don't want to get greasy, the dog staring at you wondering why you won't throw the ball.
But your mind is now obsessed with making your new "girl" look the way YOU want, ride the way YOU want & feel the way YOU want.
Your brain imagines everybody clamoring over what nice job you did & big plumes of white snow in the video you've been planning on making for 10 years. You imagine that your new sled is the FASTEST ever made & you can smoke 300 hp turbos & the ditch grinders can't keep up to you in the bumps.
Hot Suzie Chapstick models in ski jackets warm up to you in the local bar because your ride is THAT sweet!

Then you wake up & realize you'll be staring at weather reports BEGGING for snow in 2 months!
LOL

IMG_20181019_200605878.jpg

Steve your freaking me out get out of my head those were my thoughts............I guess I am NOT ALONE after all. LOL

Makes me think of a Pink Floyd song if you can name it than I will KNOW you are in my head.

well it is an 1-1/4" track sled as that is all that is left anywhere but i am fine with that.

going to put a lake effect riser on it (if i can get one), a arm gaurds, bellypan protector, running board grips/braces, 09 mtx skis with a shim and a sleigh hitch as these are some of the hardest parts to find for this sled nowadays. stealing back my gytr's from my brothers venture gt for it. going to take care of the windsheild bag, saddle bags, possible rack (if i can find one) and clutching next year.

This is PERFECT. Yesterday morning I put a nice fire on in the shop, had a hot coffee, then spent 6 or 7 hrs doing errands. Couldn't wait to get back home and back in the shop to finish my skid and reinstall. Even after 1.5 hrs of struggling to get the skid in, (around a new track), bloody wrist from the picks, and and scraped finger tips...I loved every second of it. I so look forward to spending time in my shop with my sled...tweaking...cleaning..and learning new things on the sled. Time well spent....and yes, my 09 Nytro is the fastest, best deep snow, best ditch banging tank out there....lol...

just put the deposit today on a 2016 apex xtx left over. paying a bit more than i wanted but to get the cheaper one involved 36 hrs of driving witch would have balanced out the price in shipping or gas/hotel. from looking on autotrader and kijiji nation wide this was 1 of 4 nc apex xtx's left between the years 2015-2017 in canada.

now i have to mod this thing to match my 2011 apex xtx, other than the rear suspension and some obselete accessories. she should be home next week some time.

Congrats!!

Steve your freaking me out get out of my head those were my thoughts............I guess I am NOT ALONE after all. LOL

Makes me think of a Pink Floyd song if you can name it than I will KNOW you are in my head.

First of all, i don't want to steal MAIM's thread with my idiocrasy (not a word but you get it), but having a new sled is so much fun........like a newborn........without the poop.
Second of all, if you boys know who Suzie Chapstick is..............you're as old as me.
Thirdly, ALL Pink Floyd songs remind me of the "Wall". And the only way to understand the "Wall" was being high. So my guess is YAMADOO is hoping that the Marijuana law passes.
We're like 2 lost souls living in a fishbowl.......wish you were here

well it is an 1-1/4" track sled as that is all that is left anywhere but i am fine with that.

going to put a lake effect riser on it (if i can get one), a arm gaurds, bellypan protector, running board grips/braces, 09 mtx skis with a shim and a sleigh hitch as these are some of the hardest parts to find for this sled nowadays. stealing back my gytr's from my brothers venture gt for it. going to take care of the windsheild bag, saddle bags, possible rack (if i can find one) and clutching next year.

Loved the snow trackers on mine. Enjoy your new toy!

So what age can I expect to grow out of what you described? Or do we just wait for Oltimers Disease to set in? Was Suzie Chapstick riding double with Chuck Conners on a Brut? Liquid cooled you know!

Last edited:
First of all, i don't want to steal MAIM's thread with my idiocrasy (not a word but you get it), but having a new sled is so much fun........like a newborn........without the poop.
Second of all, if you boys know who Suzie Chapstick is..............you're as old as me.
Thirdly, ALL Pink Floyd songs remind me of the "Wall". And the only way to understand the "Wall" was being high. So my guess is YAMADOO is hoping that the Marijuana law passes.
We're like 2 lost souls living in a fishbowl.......wish you were here

I love the wish you were here reference but am relieved you didn’t guess, “ the lunatic is in my head” line also from the WALL. Not at all in favor of the marijuana law stuff. Really extremely conservative just willing to laugh at myself - time to stop hijacking the post with crazyness
Have a great night all

Back