• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Went and looked at Bruin today

Octane

Pro
I stopped off at the local Yamaha dealer today, had to pick up some parts for a friends' sled and happened to notice they had a 4x4 Bruin sitting in the showroom.
I took probably 10 minutes and really gave the machine a good look over. I must say, it looks pretty good. Its like most people say it is, the Kodiak chassis with the Warrior engine.
I like how they still give you a fair amount of gauges (neutral light, reverse light, foreward light and oil temp light), even though its very much a low-price machine. I also like how they built cleats into the floorboards. It also has an intersting brake system that kind of caught me by surprise. You have the normal hand brakes that most quads have left is the front and right is the rear. However, you also can use the foot brakes. I asked a salesman why this is, and he replied that some people like the hand brakes and some other like foot brakes. Basically Yamaha did that to make everyone happy. I think thats pretty darned cool!
I also like the gear shifter. Rathar than just having the bare lever, they put this sort of boot onto it, remind me on the shifter out of a Toyota Celica. Cool stuff.
I just wish they would add the 4-wheel locker like the Griz and 450 Kodiak have. However, when you look at the $5000 price tag on the 4x4 Bruin, you are getting a lot for your money.
Cant wait untill next Spring when I can get mine. Hopefully we will get some snow this winter though, so I can have one last good winter with my old Phazer. :yam:
Hebi

They look good from what i have seen of them. well you have alot of time to look in to it so i would say take your time and look it over real well. but if you do i hope you will be happy with it if you get one! ;)!

One thing I forgot

One other thing I almost forgot about was the oil cooler location. Its located just behind the front grill, right between the headlights.
Its in a location where rocks and mud shouldnt really get at it.
Its certainly in a much better spot than the 330 Trail Boss I looked at. Their oil cooler is right in the middle of the front suspension. Its completely exposed and has no sort of screen on it to protect it from rocks. I took about a 30-second look at the Trail Boss and said to myself, "Yup, thats why I dont buy Polaris anymore."
You are right about its nice having time to think things over, but to be honest, I will be glad when I can go and buy.
I know I want the Bruin, its got the Warrior/Wolverine engine, which is pretty bulletproof. I also bet that there are tons of aftermarket exhuast option for it. Perhaps I could find a real nice Pro Circuit exhuast for it that would give that bear a real growl! ;)!
Right now Im just focusing on getting credit cards payed off so that next spring when Yamaha has their big promotions going on I can walk in there and tell them what I want. Then I can have a toy that I can use year-round both doing yardwork, trail riding and cruising the lake in the winter.
It'll be so nice to not try to anticipate taking vacation for when I think snow conditions may be good. I can take the ATV up north in the summer and ride. Rain or shine I'll know I can ride....
Hebi

Back