• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Wet left foot

Crank Shaft when you get that figured out/fixed will you put up some pics and let us know how it worked? I have WBS extremely bad. I can look down as i am going down the trail and see a steady stream of water....? Not good. I havn't had time to put a plate in, so my quick fix has been 4 plastic shopping bags on my foot before i lace up.

Easy fix, but it shouldn't be "leaking" in the first place. Not to mention all the crap my ski-doo friends give me when they see me wearing plastic bags on my foot b/c my Yami is "leaking"...

Noodlesnytro said:
Crank Shaft when you get that figured out/fixed will you put up some pics and let us know how it worked? I have WBS extremely bad. I can look down as i am going down the trail and see a steady stream of water....? Not good. I havn't had time to put a plate in, so my quick fix has been 4 plastic shopping bags on my foot before i lace up.

Easy fix, but it shouldn't be "leaking" in the first place. Not to mention all the crap my ski-doo friends give me when they see me wearing plastic bags on my foot b/c my Yami is "leaking"...
I will let you guys know as soon as I can pull the seat and tank cover to calk the leak. Its definatly drooling down from the top of the tunnel.

I'd think wearing Gore Tex Boots or rubber boots is the best solution.

Snow + Heat = water. Your left boot/ legs are in the way of where the water seeks to travel. Hence, you get a wet left leg and foot!

This is Arteeex type logic!

I was at my dealer on Monday and asked about what to do, he told me to cover up the venting holes inthe foot hold with aluminum or plastic and problem will be solved. I have a new 09 and had the prob 1st time out. I asked if there would be a heat issue and he said no.

I'm going on a ride this weekend and taking a infrared thermometer with me, and going to check the temp of the clutches with a cover and without. I will let you guys know the results.

I copied this of my bro's post on HCS (F8) 2010.

Enjoy!!!

Took my 10 F8 out for the maiden voyage I am coming off a 06 F7 ride wise there is no comparison the ride is unbelieveable. Few concerns I have are both my feet got absolutely soaked I have never heard anyone complain about this so maye a fluke, and I think my Firecat would wax this thing in a straight line hope the pah comes as the motor loosens up. Did 50 miles, damn we have alot of snow here for November.

Well the problem has been solved. Sorry but I dont have pics but what you need 2 do is remove the seat and look at the very front of the tunnel just to the rear of the exhaust flange cover you will notice 2 large holes. 1 On the left side and 1 on the right. Calk them sumbiotches up and run the bead back several inches along the exhaust shield under the seat. It is real obvious once the seat is removed. No more leaks. The little alum fix from yammie dont work so remove it so it dont fuk up ur clutches when your belt blows.

Back