• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

WHAT A LET DOWN!

Too bad you had to add quite bit of money to get that Cat Turbo to go. Stock for stock, the Cat will get a licken....

We all know there are test mules of the new higher hp sled yamaha makes.

Hopefully I get to see one on the trails sometime.
Yamaha would be completely lax if they stopped R &D and did not have a replacement to the apex waiting.
Yamaha has always been very good with testing their products pretty rigorously before releasing them to production. At the same time they are also pretty stingy with recalls, even on issues that were genuinely a problem. All the testing in the world will not equate to consumers getting real world results.

If I would have gotten my cycle news earlier i could have guesed no new apex. They have a write up on the new R1 with the new moter.Report shows tons more torque down low and great response throughout powerband.Its i beleive a 4 valver instead of 5 a different fireing order.Just the fact it just came out on the bikes tell me it will take at least year to hit the sleds.It sure sounds like a perfect canditate for a new sled moter. About 170 or so hp, so a nice upgrade from current moter.

dcapper said:
My last 2 sleds were a Firecat 700 and a Machz 1000. I went to the 40th Nytro and I love the sled. I miss the power I had with those sleds and like you all, I was hoping they would step it up with the Nytro and Apex. Saved me a pile of money! Still not impressed. What the hell is a Orange Nytro? Cool colors but be original. Cat stole that orange years ago. We all don't wear FXR gear! Bomber going to release a turbo I can feel it. And yet again they stay on top of the sales. If cat releases that racing chassis in an 800 firecat, I'm jumping ship again.

Since I didnt see a orange Nytro in the line up I asume your bashing my sled and if thats the case GROW UP, lets see your custom sled pics! I among alot of people happen to like my choice of colors and it is very original, when I ordered all the stuff it was the first of that combo. Have fun on your ship sailor!

Apparently my other post was deleted due to fudge word, so now I'll explain in a more detailed desciption of my point. Alot of people are thoroughly dissappointed as to no new models. To defend Yamaha as to the economic crisis is an utter excuse for not moving ahead to stimulate sales. A couple of new motors would have sufficed based on exsisting models. The 500 Phazer punched to 600 with 100hp called the Exciter and a stroked nytro with 170hp named Nytro SR and same motor in the XTX named Nytro SR-X . These simple inexpensive solutions would have peeked more interest. Stimulated sales. Creating interest even making a limited build 500 or so of each would have been all sold at spring check. The way it sits is standing still and letting them selves down as well as us. Now on a more positive note, I love my XTX and have riden Yamaha all my life. It's not that I would ever switch brands as I am loyal. I don't want to see Yamaha fail in this sector as I plan on riding the new models in 2068 when I'm 93. My own ideas for my business is to stimulate interest so my company continues to grow through this recession. There is alot of people and businesses not affected by this and you need to make them spend instead of scaring them to save their money. A 600 dollar more expensive same model doesn't do this for me. Hopefully our chains are being pulled and a limited build something or other is released late spring. Progress not recess. I'm not taking a break.

stopdropanroll said:
dcapper said:
My last 2 sleds were a Firecat 700 and a Machz 1000. I went to the 40th Nytro and I love the sled. I miss the power I had with those sleds and like you all, I was hoping they would step it up with the Nytro and Apex. Saved me a pile of money! Still not impressed. What the hell is a Orange Nytro? Cool colors but be original. Cat stole that orange years ago. We all don't wear FXR gear! Bomber going to release a turbo I can feel it. And yet again they stay on top of the sales. If cat releases that racing chassis in an 800 firecat, I'm jumping ship again.

Since I didnt see a orange Nytro in the line up I asume your bashing my sled and if thats the case GROW UP, lets see your custom sled pics! I among alot of people happen to like my choice of colors and it is very original, when I ordered all the stuff it was the first of that combo. Have fun on your ship sailor!

Surfing must not be one of your expertises. 2010 FX Nytro RTX. Its right on the front page. Nice Yamaha copied Cat's colors

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/produ ... /home.aspx

But apparently you can't read. But bash away. Cat has had those colors for a long time and now Yamaha copied them. Maybe its you that has to grow up. Nobody else seemed to question the post I made.

Why the hell would someone want a orange Yamaha. Blue or White seems to be their colors. Its not important. Yamaha blew it this year.

Who posted that Honda needs to produce a sled is 100% right. Then finally we wouldn't have to rely on Ski-Doo to make the first step all the time.

Ski-Doo sales up in 2010
Yamaha sales down in 2010
Arctic Cat who knows in 2010
Polaris who cares!

Attachments

• 10_FxNytroRTX_org_3_77c08aeb.jpg
    10_FxNytroRTX_org_3_77c08aeb.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 150
TJRTX said:
If I would have gotten my cycle news earlier i could have guesed no new apex. They have a write up on the new R1 with the new moter.Report shows tons more torque down low and great response throughout powerband.Its i beleive a 4 valver instead of 5 a different fireing order.Just the fact it just came out on the bikes tell me it will take at least year to hit the sleds.It sure sounds like a perfect canditate for a new sled moter. About 170 or so hp, so a nice upgrade from current moter.

We have known about this new crossplane 09 r1 for months now.

FWIW, the r1 has not been a 5 valve motor for quite a few years. They have been 4 valvers for a couple seasons.

It acts a lot more like a twin, getting better low end tq, and traction than a traditional inline 4.

dcapper said:
stopdropanroll said:
dcapper said:

Surfing must not be one of your expertises. 2010 FX Nytro RTX. Its right on the front page. Nice Yamaha copied Cat's colors

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/produ ... /home.aspx

But apparently you can't read. But bash away. Cat has had those colors for a long time and now Yamaha copied them. Maybe its you that has to grow up. Nobody else seemed to question the post I made.

Why the hell would someone want a orange Yamaha. Blue or White seems to be their colors. Its not important. Yamaha blew it this year.

Who posted that Honda needs to produce a sled is 100% right. Then finally we wouldn't have to rely on Ski-Doo to make the first step all the time.

Ski-Doo sales up in 2010
Yamaha sales down in 2010
Arctic Cat who knows in 2010
Polaris who cares!
:o|

Well I appoligize, I did not see that on there site, I guess I was blind, I thuoght you were bashing my sled, but I think the color orange is pretty cool and if Yamaha wants to sell a orange sled its fine by me. Cat has made every color sled under the sun so I wouldnt call orange thiers.
:o|

Cat was pretty much the first with the orange though. Just think if you were to buy one. I could see all my cat buddies saying "Can't handle the cat power so you bought a yammy orange" "Have fun on your slow piano"
I think it was dumb on Yammy's part to release orange. Bad enough I had a black and yellow Firecat years ago, and never heard the end of it from my Doo buddies.

I was a cat rider for many years and I was just as bad bashing other sleds.

I do know one thing for sure. I will never ever own a Polaris.

stopdropanroll said:
I do know one thing for sure. I will never ever own a Polaris.

X2 :yam:[/quote]

I really don't see why you 2 would think that.

They make good sleds, much better than cat sleds.

Sorry lets rephrase that. Orange has been used by Arctic Cat, the only company thats still in business.

As for Polaris. I stand by my statement. I'll never ride a Polaris and none of my friends will either.

x3

I have a friend with an orange Polaris. He loves it. I have friends with orange SkiDoos. They love them, too. I've had 8 Polaris sleds and will someday have another, no doubt. Oops, I still have one now! I've had a few SkiDoos, too. I'm on Yamahas #5, #6, and #7 right now. I've never had a Cat but am considering an F sled for next year. I couldn't care less what color any of them are. That's only important for picture posers and parking lot racers. I buy them to ride.

SB

stewartb said:
I have a friend with an orange Polaris. He loves it. I have friends with orange SkiDoos. They love them, too. I've had 8 Polaris sleds and will someday have another, no doubt. Oops, I still have one now! I've had a few SkiDoos, too. I'm on Yamahas #5, #6, and #7 right now. I've never had a Cat but am considering an F sled for next year. I couldn't care less what color any of them are. That's only important for picture posers and parking lot racers. I buy them to ride.

SB

So anyone that cares about what their sled looks like dosn't ride? Or ride hard?

Back