• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What accessories are you adding to your MTX right away

Tricky Nick

Going Vertical
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 Viper MTX 162 Turbo
Back up sled AC M7
So im sitting here at work board as can be waiting for October to arrive and thinking of what parts im going to start picking up throughout the summer to be installed as soon as the sled arrives this fall. The first thing i thought about was the little stock front bumper the Viper comes with and i have a proble with hitting trees so that has got to go and this in its place
SMA-8JPFT-BU-BK.jpg
The next thing is that huge wind screen. Besides the fact that its ugly the first time i get stuck on the side of a mountain and have to roll the sled out i know its going to break. So thats going out and this is going in
SMA-8JP96-00-BK.jpg

Im pretty bummed that there is no under seat storage because thats where the gas tank is so the best i can come up with, with still looking good and having room for straps, water, and other gear is this. I also saw a tunnel rack in the "conquer snow part2" video on youtube that looked cool but i cant find it on the web yet. if anyone has a better tunnel storage idea let me know, not really looking for a gas rack
imagesCAF68HNG.jpg

Next is a way to unfog/stash a another pair of goggles and if it doesnt get to hot in there i think it will be quick access for a GPS
mCIenYEkAd2Gc_sq-Z9Fn9w.jpg

Other things i was thinking about was a rear skid plate and definitely a tether/roll over protection valve. Anyone else have good ideas for accessories that will work good in the mountains.

Oh and the battery. I here that tha lithium ion battery saves 10lbs waight and that the stock battery can fail in cold wather starts. What is a good brand of lithium battery thats not too expensive

- Lightweight hood
- Lightweight battery
- PowderPro Skis
- Arctic Cat tunnel bag
- Windshield bag

I'm waiting to see all available hoods before deciding which one. Maybe Mountain Fit, maybe Diamond S.

PARTICK CARBON HOOD
lightweight battery
BDX rotor
C&A skis 7"
low pro wind shield
racewerx bumper
Money permitting exit x1 shocks

What is everyone using for a light weight battery.
Lots of good choices out there!
I'm running a Shorai. It's the larger one that's approx the same size as the stock battery and saves 10-11 lbs. I've been running the same battery for 3 seasons now (pulled it out of my Nytro and installed it in the XF7000)
I got the larger one for the increased reserve capacity, just in case I needed it while in the mountains/back country.

Bill

- Arctic cat tunnel bag
- handlebar bag
- goggles bag
- Blade skis
- lower windshield

..and maybe Skinz airframe boards and MCX 270hp turbokit later..

Mpi turbo
Tunnel bag
Front bumper
Rollover kit
Goggle bag
Gold finger
:letsnow:

Arctic cat Orange Pro Bumper
Powermadd Orange hand guards
Arctic cat Orange skid plate
Fox Orange shock guards

Gauges and mount-need wide band o2 and boost. Any suggestions?

Wrap- Looking into Arctic FX or E sticky waiting for the fall line up.

Arctic cat Orange Pro Bumper
Powermadd Orange hand guards
Arctic cat Orange skid plate
Fox Orange shock guards

Gauges and mount-need wide band o2 and boost. Any suggestions?

Wrap- Looking into Arctic FX or E sticky waiting for the fall line up.

For the gauges and mount I really like what the guy in the second post on this thread did http://www.ty4stroke.com/threads/gauge-pods.129172/

Got a call from my dealer a couple days ago asking me if I wanted to add some B&M running boards to my MTX at a good price and i couldn't pass up the offer. I wasn't planing on it at first but Ive read that some of the cat guys are complaining about snow clean out and that the stock boards are a little weak on the proclimb chassis. I hate the thought of cutting up a new sled but these board just look tough

ProClimb1640x480_zpsdfd6e423.jpg

Got a call from my dealer a couple days ago asking me if I wanted to add some B&M running boards to my MTX at a good price and i couldn't pass up the offer. I wasn't planing on it at first but Ive read that some of the cat guys are complaining about snow clean out and that the stock boards are a little weak on the proclimb chassis. I hate the thought of cutting up a new sled but these board just look tough

ProClimb1640x480_zpsdfd6e423.jpg

I thought to do the same, but really do not want to cut e new sled, at least not at first. Maybe later.

Back