• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What carbides do I need for tuner skis?

Albanyco

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Attak
I bought this sled last year but the carbides are totally shot. What do I need to order for carbides for it? Do I need a set of 4 inch carbides and a set of 2 inch? Sled pushes in corners but I’m not surprised considering there is about nothing left.

I used the 6 inch carbide Woddys Ace Bar on the inside with the stock 4 inch carbide round bar on the outside. It work pretty good but when the trails warm up and get a little mushy they will push when running hard but when things are frozen up it will be on rails with no push or darting what so ever. I have messed around with ski's and found the Cat ski with the staggered carbide or snow trackers work the best. You will get a bunch of different opinions on this but that's what I found works the best with out buying aftermarket ski's.

My question also...
OR should I give up on the turner ski's and invest in that other ski and the associated carbides for that other ski?

example: "Cat ski with the staggered carbide or snow trackers work the best" ....understand Yamaha is going with Stryke ski's this year?

Donate those tuner skies to the garbage man and get some C&A’s or Curve XS.....
Curves are easier to steer, C&A’s are Point and shoot, no push.

Stryke ski is basically a cat ski on the bottom it uses the same bolt pattern for the wear bars.

Snowstuds carbides 6" and 8" been using this combination for over 30,000 miles.

Would C&A, Curves ski's be impacted (helped/harmed) by Electric Power Steering (EPS) install summer 2021/2022??
Thanks

Can’t imagine it would affect anything. I’m sure it shouldn’t matter if you have PS

I’d love to pitch the tuner skis, but I’m going to be stuck with them for this season. So do I need to purchase two sets of different lengths, two sets of equal length or what? It’s confusing because the manufacturers list carbides by make and model and so I have no idea what carbides fit what.

the tuners on my 16 lasted 4 rips across a meadow before i removed them and replaced them with mtx skis. i have heard a few guys liking bergstrom's set up for tuner skis.

I’d love to pitch the tuner skis, but I’m going to be stuck with them for this season. So do I need to purchase two sets of different lengths, two sets of equal length or what? It’s confusing because the manufacturers list carbides by make and model and so I have no idea what carbides fit what.
2 sets, 1 set of each pair.

I ran 6 inch on the inside and 4 inch on the outside when I had the tuner skis.

I ran 6 and 6 on my attak , still pushed bad unless on hard pack . I suffered through those skis a few years then went back to the stock single and was better . Then got mtx skis on my 12 apex , world of difference in turning and floating on deep snow.

If you're going to keep them:

6" square carbide shaper bar inside Woody's Carbide Ace Runner - AY6-8500 -- round 4" carbide on outside Woody's Extender Trail III Flat-Top Carbide Runners - EYV3-8500

Back