• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What Did You Do To Your Sled Today???

The diagnosis is a cracked header pipe. Possible that the entire muffler assy will need to be replaced.
make sure you check the rivits that hold the tunnel on the sled under the fuel tank. usually what helps them crack/break like that.

I actually got to ride my sled 3 days in a row last weekend. We had pretty good snow around Cadillac, MI. It's melting fast now

Now that the DIL's POS Skidoo 2 smoke is finally out of the garage, time to give mine some love. Steering had been squirrely despite the replacement of the bushings. Steering components were solid, time to check the ski alignment. Well, they were toed-in almost 2 inches. To get to the inner tie rods, had to pull the battery and its rack. Adjusting it was tedious, adjust, measure, adjust some more, measure again. Had to do that 5-6 times. Got it spot on dead straight with a bungee on the loops so while riding, they might toe out about 1/8". Perfect.

I then adjusted the front coils to lower the front body and flatten the A-arms to widen the stance for more stable cornering.

Checked fluids, coolant was a little low for some reason. No leaks found. Topped it off and buttoned it back up. Sharpened the carbides and she'll be ready for tomorrow.

Now that the DIL's POS Skidoo 2 smoke is finally out of the garage, time to give mine some love. Steering had been squirrely despite the replacement of the bushings. Steering components were solid, time to check the ski alignment. Well, they were toed-in almost 2 inches. To get to the inner tie rods, had to pull the battery and its rack. Adjusting it was tedious, adjust, measure, adjust some more, measure again. Had to do that 5-6 times. Got it spot on dead straight with a bungee on the loops so while riding, they might toe out about 1/8". Perfect.

I then adjusted the front coils to lower the front body and flatten the A-arms to widen the stance for more stable cornering.

Checked fluids, coolant was a little low for some reason. No leaks found. Topped it off and buttoned it back up. Sharpened the carbides and she'll be ready for tomorrow.
How did your ski alignment get so far off??

No idea. Maybe hit a stump or something or may have been like that since I got it. Anyway, after today's ride, it's still darting despite having Double Down carbides. I'll have to recheck. Was less tippy in the corners so happy about that.

The ski toe alignment was still straight on so I adjusted them to about 1" toe-out by just turning the outer tie-rods (I wasn't going to take out the battery again. Took her out and she much more stable now, almost no darting. Steering is a bit to the left so that will need a slight tweak but it's OK for now.

However, while negotiating a snow bank, I rolled and dropped her on its left side. Broke the windshield and bent the frame piece that holds the mirror. Was alone and luckily a passer-by stopped and helped me right her. Man she weighs a ton! I never would have been able to do it by myself.
IMG_20230309_181046_resized2270315338203974599.jpgIMG_20230309_181053_resized3785400823475227826.jpgIMG_20230309_181102_resized8080256268489946523.jpg

Unbent the frame piece and Gorilla taped the windshield together and continued on my 160km ride. That will be a summer project to fix. Luckily the handlebar wasn't bent.

rode it on saturday and burnt the belt bad when i got stuck turning around.

I actually did this in April 2023 to get ready for the 2023/24 Winter riding on my Hurricane Header Tuned 2019 X-TX LE. [sled has 5000 trouble free header tuned miles]
-installed adjustable fuel regulator
-installed new updated drive shaft and new drivers
-installed DMC top gear bushing in existing Scott Taylor 15 wide top and bottom gears [bushing was like new]
-installed Travis's BOP updated drive shaft bearing and reinstalled the BOP shaft saver that I installed since new
-changed oil and filter
-installed new spark plugs
-replaced dupont sliders...they were still like new so wasted effort
-installed Travis's BOP rad kit
-added hood vent above the BOP rad....sled has full vent kits installed every where else since new
-installed Dasa racing water pump impeller
-changed anti freeze
-cleaned clutches,,,they needed no other maintenance
-installed new Red Line belt....old one was like new with a full season of riding...sled has never blown a belt...I have floated the secondary since new
-ect
Thats all I remember for now

I actually did this in April 2023 to get ready for the 2023/24 Winter riding on my Hurricane Header Tuned 2019 X-TX LE. [sled has 5000 trouble free header tuned miles]
-installed adjustable fuel regulator
-installed new updated drive shaft and new drivers
-installed DMC top gear bushing in existing Scott Taylor 15 wide top and bottom gears [bushing was like new]
-installed Travis's BOP updated drive shaft bearing and reinstalled the BOP shaft saver that I installed since new
-changed oil and filter
-installed new spark plugs
-replaced dupont sliders...they were still like new so wasted effort
-installed Travis's BOP rad kit
-added hood vent above the BOP rad....sled has full vent kits installed every where else since new
-installed Dasa racing water pump impeller
-changed anti freeze
-cleaned clutches,,,they needed no other maintenance
-installed new Red Line belt....old one was like new with a full season of riding...sled has never blown a belt...I have floated the secondary since new
-ect
Thats all I remember for now
sw`.JPG
sw2.JPG
sw3.JPG

Blew clutches apart (not the original) that made a mess so busy few weeks coming.

In progress:
Pro4 primary
Thunder built secondary all new
Ns1 gauge
Wastegate
Flasher with new multi bundle from ms17 single tune with launch control
Still need: (have any lmk)
New Stock belt guard
New belly pan protector
New 2018 blue bottom white too left side panel (clutch side)
Oil change
New chain as original has stretched a ton
Gotta find some duponts for ice age rails too.

IMG_6888.jpeg
IMG_4198.jpeg

Back