• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What do you think about this air box modif??

Dany Pro

Veteran
Hi..I'm new here! I come from Québec, so excuse my english!!

What do you think about this air box modification?? Do you think it will be good??? It's a dealer here who made this modification. It's for Apex/Attak!!

Dany Pro said:
Hi..I'm new here! I come from Québec, so excuse my english!!

What do you think about this air box modification?? Do you think it will be good??? It's a dealer here who made this modification. It's for Apex/Attak!!

cé mon sled sa !!!

Looks preety good, might want to clean up those edges with some sandpaper to get rid of the plastic strands left from the holesaw your dealer used, just so nothing gets in the intake.

The holes through the front flap look good as it would allow some cold air in.

Bert, comment ça va cette modification?? Performance, clutch??

Bert, how work this modification, good performance???

I'm interrest to make this modif if the result is good!!!

Thanks for the comment!!

to cut holes in the front plate ....just as well could remove the entire plate ....just make sure you have some prefilter if theres a hole directly into the airbox with no filtering..

I wouldn't modify that front plate.

When I installed my nitrous bottle, I had to remove that plate.
Snow dust blows in there. LOTS of snow dust. With that happening, and the WARM engine, the snow condensates under the airbox and freezes on the steering shaft and tie rods.

If you are riding and there is snowdust, I guarantee you that there will be a build up of snow under the airbox!!

Here is a picture of my bottle, note the snow on it, that is just 20 mins of riding. You can see through the holes where the plate goes, and the area under the airbox fills with a layer of snow, then melts and freezes!

I have since duct taped the holes shut!!!

frostybottleum7.jpg

Back