• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

what does you air pressure read in diagnostic mode?

Zachary

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 Attak
I'm having trouble finding out a quirk in my apex runnability. I've tested the TPS replaced the air intake temperature sensor. Checked the injectors throttle bodies and ignition coils. Wondering what you all have for readings of barometric pressure on the dash and the reading and diagnostic mode of your air pressure sensor. I think mine is way too high reading around 95. Also do you know what Yamaha uses as units for this sensor? Thanks

Wouldn't the barometric pressure be an atmospheric change that is highly variable and different in every region? I'm guessing you could only compare that reading to another sled sitting directly next to you at the same exact time. Am I wrong?

I was under the assumption that it was a barometer similar to what someone would read the weather with and would adjust your fuel injection based on pressure.

Wouldn't the barometric pressure be an atmospheric change that is highly variable and different in every region? I'm guessing you could only compare that reading to another sled sitting directly next to you at the same exact time. Am I wrong?

I was under the assumption that it was a barometer similar to what someone would read the weather with and would adjust your fuel injection based on pressure.
I think so but if it reads 99 that's probably way off for anywhere in the world. My barametric pressure reads 29 right now but the sensor on the sled in diagnostic mode reads 99

Gotcha, that makes sense. That would be quite a bit off then. I will have to go look at mine tonight. I have only noticed it when scrolling through modes, but never stopped long enough to notice what the reading was.

Just replaced the Air Pressure Sensor. It seems better, not gone yet. It reads about the same as the old one so I'm not sure that's it, I have a video of what it does that is uploading. I'll post it when it's done.

Hi I know this post is a few years old but did you ever find the cause of this problem?? I have a 2006 attak that’s doing the same thing!!

Back