• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What else do I need

Rtbo

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
23 SRX
Just picked up a 2017 ltx le demo with 900 miles for $11,600. It has studs and medium windshield, I already ordered stealth big wheel kit, I'm going to put 6.9s on it,powder keg gas storage combo,and DuPont sliders. Am I missing anything else. I'm 6'4" 300 lbs. I'm aware of the clutch stuff figured I'd ride it first, the dealer said he never had a problem and it has thunder rollers in it from the get go. Love this site I'm on 10 times a day and have read every apex and sidewinder thread

I'd get a taller bar riser also ,and the barn of parts belt protector for the belly pan .

I'm 6'2" and added a 2" extension to the riser didn't need to change anything on cables or wiring' at 6'4" you may want to do an extension and also hand guards and electric shield plug in if your sled doesn't already have?

Good deal. Unless you plan on a flash you should be good. I'm 6'3" 284. RTX LE was a good fit. Never ran the shocks on 3 setting and suspension was great.
Crazy messing with sleds today at 85 degrees and humid as hell. Sopposed to cool off by the North East Power Show next week thank god.

I was thinking rox adjustable riser and maybe hand guards at big east show

Forgot yes risers for sure.

I added a powermadd adjustable 4-8" riser (stock is 5"?) ...added a large rear bag...powermadd handguards with leds....after that...you should be good..theres a lot of tuning in that suspension...and the motor..but thats for a later discussion lol

I added a powermadd adjustable 4-8" riser (stock is 5"?) ...added a large rear bag...powermadd handguards with leds....after that...you should be good..theres a lot of tuning in that suspension...and the motor..but thats for a later discussion lol
Did you need any extensions running the 8"

Not sure the Duponts are needed on these, but cant hurt. And watch the weight on tunnel with fuel tanks, Some have bent them.
I saw that on here. Do you know if any ltx's have bent. The powder keg is 3.25 gallons and I will fill the storage tight for Quebec. BTW nice write up on the 6.9 pilots, sled came with C&A skis and stock tuners with no miles, I'm selling both and going with the pilots

Keep the c&a's. I've ridden many versions and they will turn consistently in any snow condition

Back