• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What else do I need

i ca
I saw that on here. Do you know if any ltx's have bent. The powder keg is 3.25 gallons and I will fill the storage tight for Quebec. BTW nice write up on the 6.9 pilots, sled came with C&A skis and stock tuners with no miles, I'm selling both and going with the pilots
I carry the linq 4 gal and the medium bag on top of it on an ltx-le (great setup by the way). 3,500 miles and no tunnel bending issues.

Well I guess I needed more than I thought. I ended up getting the stealth big wheel kit but it’s not in yet, they ran out of wheels, duraflex ice scratchers, Arctic Cat LED hand guards, AC tether, AC heated shield hookup, AC power splitter, Thunder Products tuff guy secondary spring and glide washers, 6.9 pilots, and DuPont slides. Still need the powder keg combo but waiting to see if they make something with more storage like the 700 combo. And a 2018 stock windshield. A tune is sounding better and better everyday but don’t think I can swing it this year, but you never know. I can wait to ride, I think something is wrong with me, it’s all I think about. Can you guys think of anything I overlooked?

Well I guess I needed more than I thought. I ended up getting the stealth big wheel kit but it’s not in yet, they ran out of wheels, duraflex ice scratchers, Arctic Cat LED hand guards, AC tether, AC heated shield hookup, AC power splitter, Thunder Products tuff guy secondary spring and glide washers, 6.9 pilots, and DuPont slides. Still need the powder keg combo but waiting to see if they make something with more storage like the 700 combo. And a 2018 stock windshield. A tune is sounding better and better everyday but don’t think I can swing it this year, but you never know. I can wait to ride, I think something is wrong with me, it’s all I think about. Can you guys think of anything I overlooked?
And we expect pics of all of it!

haha

Great list of goodies you got there!

:winter:

I will get pics once everything is on. Work is still going strong but should end soon (self employed hardscaper) it’s killing me having all this stuff and not having time to work on it. And it’s at my brothers 1/2 hr away so I can’t even stare at it

Keep an eye on the cat LED hand guards. Me and my buddy used them last year. They looks awesome!! But after a few rides, the LED's starting crapping out. Sometimes they would work, sometimes half would work, sometimes none would work! Ended up returning them to countrycat website i bought from. Thankfully they gave me my money back under warranty. Not sure which ones to use this year
Also be cautious not to over tighten them when installing. Cheap cast aluminum clamps. I broke one. Quick $10 for another!

Keep an eye on the cat LED hand guards. Me and my buddy used them last year. They looks awesome!! But after a few rides, the LED's starting crapping out. Sometimes they would work, sometimes half would work, sometimes none would work! Ended up returning them to countrycat website i bought from. Thankfully they gave me my money back under warranty. Not sure which ones to use this year
Also be cautious not to over tighten them when installing. Cheap cast aluminum clamps. I broke one. Quick $10 for another!
I went with the procross guards, only because they have been updated after the problems some had last season with the LED.

From what I see, they are exact same LED parts as my doo guards, and they were great.

Dan

I'm 6'2" and added a 2" extension to the riser didn't need to change anything on cables or wiring' at 6'4" you may want to do an extension and also hand guards and electric shield plug in if your sled doesn't already have?
Have a pic? What did you go with?

Just picked up a 2017 ltx le demo with 900 miles for $11,600. It has studs and medium windshield, I already ordered stealth big wheel kit, I'm going to put 6.9s on it,powder keg gas storage combo,and DuPont sliders. Am I missing anything else. I'm 6'4" 300 lbs. I'm aware of the clutch stuff figured I'd ride it first, the dealer said he never had a problem and it has thunder rollers in it from the get go. Love this site I'm on 10 times a day and have read every apex and sidewinder thread
Welcome to an awesome site,everyone on here are top notch people,and MR. SLED,has the best site for snowmobiling that there is,ok ya its just Yamaha,but that's what I said,best of the best.. So congrates on the LTX-LE I think it is the best of the best,for the SW in my opion,keep reading,you to will be like all of the rest of us,up all night reading and dreaming of white gold and that nice looking blue screaming sidewinder lol...enjoy.

I went with the procross guards, only because they have been updated after the problems some had last season with the LED.

From what I see, they are exact same LED parts as my doo guards, and they were great.

Dan

These ones Dan?

https://www.countrycat.com/arctic-c...cross-lighted-hand-guards-2012-2018-zr-f-xf-m

That's what I used last year that gave me issues. Had a little white inverter box to change voltage for LEDs. Thinking that was the weak point. Used 2 trips then they only worked intermittently.

I saw that on here. Do you know if any ltx's have bent. The powder keg is 3.25 gallons and I will fill the storage tight for Quebec. BTW nice write up on the 6.9 pilots, sled came with C&A skis and stock tuners with no miles, I'm selling both and going with the pilots
I think Krm,has the roto-pax 2 gal. that he inserts into his rear tunnel bag,and his looks like he installed the side guards,like I did on mine as well,i have the same set up as he,but have zero miles on mine,maybe he will chime in,he has a lot of good info to add.

These ones Dan?

https://www.countrycat.com/arctic-c...cross-lighted-hand-guards-2012-2018-zr-f-xf-m

That's what I used last year that gave me issues. Had a little white inverter box to change voltage for LEDs. Thinking that was the weak point. Used 2 trips then they only worked intermittently.
Yep procross are only cat guards with LED.
They were recalled last season due to issues. I asked around to be sure before I ordered mine.

I got them thru my dealer just incase I have issues, I think from what I heard all of them were updated for this season. I guess quite a few like you had issues.

Dan

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
Have a pic? What did you go with?
I went with the PowerMad 2" riser and Yamaha hand guards

Back