• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What I need to know about 2013 RS Venture?

Silver4

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2013 RST90D Venture 973 cc carbs
I just bought this, my first liquid cooled.
There are bits and pieces I have read in the forums ... something about blowing into the gas can, and something about a relay that commonly goes? (not fuel injection) Sadly I also just discovered you cant idle it too long. I did.
Can we please throw some knowledge about what to expect and what to do/not do to keep this sled alive.
Thanks in advance@

welcome!

that sled is fuel injected, so pressurizing the fuel tank after storage to start it is not nessasary.

the fuel pump relay is a known issue and there is a replacement relay that replaces it from yamaha that is red in colour. still on the old style one on my 2011 with no issues.

they have a thermal protection that will shut down the sled before anything is hurt. i usually touch the running board as the coolers run under them for the engine. when both are the same temp to the touch, your sled is fully warmed up.

i set my brothers 13 rs venture using this procedure,

before riding it i would do a few suspension settings. flip it on its side or support the rear of the sled and loosen the front skid shock until the spring is stiff to turn by hand on the shock. helps keep the nose down. leave the rear torsion springs on meduim unless you are bottoming a lot when 2 up. one up, put them on soft. if you can get some one to check the transfer block with both of you sitting on the sled on flat ground, no dollies under the sled, it should be at 50/50 for the best ride.

once the rear is set, set the front a arms so that they are almost parallel to the ground. then double check the toe out and run it.

enjoy the sled and have fun!

Thanks for your thoughtful reply.
This one is the non power steering version that has carburetors. Here in Canada, they were avail till 2017.

Is the fuel pump relay an issue on this model too?
Many thanks..

Any other thoughts folks? (great forum!)

no fuel pump realay on that sled. you only need to pressurise the tank if you let it sit longer than 30 days without starting. the carb rx sled where the same.

suspension setting i gave you should get you close for the best handling other than adding a 1/4" peice of material under the rubber towards the rear of the ski.

i do run different skis than the stock ones as they pushed too much in my local conditions but you might be ok.

Back