• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What is going on with these spark plugs?!!

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2008 Yamaha Vector LTX GT.
WEBSITE
www. Moosehead Lawn Care.com
YAHOO
colemanbodemer@yahoo.com
Hi guys so I wanted to replace the spark plugs on my Apex, and 2 out of the 4 plugs this is what I found!! Sled has 4,300 miles on it runs great, just wanted to replace the spark plugs. These are the 4 spark plugs out of my Apex. Why all the rust around the spark plugs/ coils? What is this from? Note the coils where fully seated down on the motor, with the bolt holding them in. The 3rd picture shows the same coil as picture 1 , but it is cleaned up. I am replacing it due to ripping the rubber boot/ destroying the top of it trying to get it out of the motor.

spark.JPG
coil 2.JPG
coil 3.JPG

Looks like water got in there and sat awhile. It's usually from the coil not being seated all the way in the head or the gasket on the upper coil failed. Ive pulled out quite a few that look like that in atvs

Looks like water got in there and sat awhile. It's usually from the coil not being seated all the way in the head or the gasket on the upper coil failed. Ive pulled out quite a few that look like that in atvs
Good to know thanks!!

Looks like that coil has some pry marks on it, it was probly stuck i imagine. Make sure to inspect for cracks and replace the gaskets, they dry out from heat and age

Looks like that coil has some pry marks on it, it was probly stuck i imagine. Make sure to inspect for cracks and replace the gaskets, they dry out from heat and age
Yes the pry marks are from me. I destroyed the rubber boot/ dust cap that fits into the motor to keep water out, so I am replacing it with a new one. This is my first time replacing the spark plugs on this sled. All the coils had no marks on them/ thus making me think they where never taken out/ spark plugs replaced. All 4 of them where stuck good in the motor, and 3 out of the 4 came out no problem, the 4th one above I destroyed, so I am replacing it. Thanks for getting back to me

Back